Monday, September 29, 2008

Sally's Haul

Sally Beauty Supply is one of my fave stores. It's so fun to browse around and they always have amazing sales. The sales are also better if you have a Sally's Beauty Club Card. The club card is $5 for a year, plus you get a $5 Sally gift card, so it's free! With the club card you get special membership pricing on all non-sale items. Most of the times it's only a few bucks, but if it's something you're going to buy anyway, and the card is basically free, it's a no-brainer!


On my last trip to Sally's I picked up a teasing comb for 49 cents, a package of hair clips for $2 and this eyebrow kit by Femme Couture. The kit comes with an eyebrow brush, two stencils and an eyebrow powder.


First of all, this is the first eyebrow kit I have purchased, so of course the review will be a bit biased.

The powder is a medium brown color. I have dark brown hair, but this color actually worked really well with my eyebrows as they are a bit lighter than my hair color. This is currently the only shade available, I don't know if there are plans to create more colors. The powder is more subtle than an eye brow pencil which I like. I wasn't really using the powder to help shape my brows, just to fill in some "bald" areas.

The brush it came with was TERRIBLE. The brush looked like a small blush brush that comes with Covergirl blushes. Unless you have huge eyebrows, it wasn't really helpful. I used this concealer brush from ELF. It worked great as the bristles were harder and compact. Rush on over there, because all of their brushes are 50% off, meaning 50 cents!!

I really liked the stencils it came with. It came with a natural arch (which I used) and a high arch. Sometimes stencils are hard to work with, especially when starting from scratch. I recommend getting a professional eyebrow shaping and then working with stencils to maintain the shape.

Overall, this is a pretty good product, and decently priced compared to other eye brow kits. I don't know if I would purchase again, I might want to try out the NYC Eyebrow compact that I see a lot of people using on blogs.

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by