Monday, September 15, 2008

Training Nights

I do not consider myself cheap, only thrifty. I do not buy poor quality products, nor do I choose quantity over quality, I am simply a sale shopper, drug store maven, trial and error kind of girl. There is one area however, I think we should all spend an extra couple of bucks on, and that is our haircuts. A haircut can make or break your look. It doesn’t matter how flawless your make up is, if you have a bad mop sitting on top of your head. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure there are plenty of girls who have spent a fortune only to come out with a terrible haircut, but there is usually a reason why hairstylists charge so much.

But us thrifty gals are in luck. We don’t have to be banned to a life of Super Cuts, nor do we have to spend a paycheck on a haircut. This is where salon “Training Nights” come into play. A training night is where junior stylists, usually trying to get a job or to build a clientele base, provide cheap haircuts (sometimes color and different treatments) under the keen supervision of their master stylist. While this is really popular in big cities (check out http://www.allure.com/directory/atlanta/training/training for an awesome list of training nights in the “big cities”), it is also available in salons across the country. Just give any salon a call and ask them if they have such a thing. It’s a great way to look fabulous and not break the bank!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by