Thursday, October 16, 2008

Amuse Metallic Eyeshadow Review

In my first Cherry Culture haul I purchased the Amuse Metallic Eyeshadow Palette in Midnight Lace. It was only $3.00 and I liked the colors, as well as the pretty lace pattern on the eyshadows.





Well, this is a definitely a case of where you get for what you paid for. I'll go color by color.
The first color (pinkish?): No color pay off at all! This was simply the sparkles and shimmer. It looks so vibrant in the palette and then nothing, and I swiped quite a bit.
Second color (blue): This was definitely the most pigmented of the bunch. It would be nice for a soft wash of color. The blue wasn't true to the color in the palette, but it was still kinda pretty.
Third color (silver): This also had close to zero pigmentation with several swipes. The shimmer this one gave off was pretty though. If you want to make a matte color, shimmery, this would probably do the job.
Fourth color (green): This also had decent pigmentation, but again nothing to write home about!
Fifth color (black): This color had good pigmentation for a soft smokey eye look.


All in all, I got what I expected out of this palette. Remember, it's not a bargain if you don't need it, or if it doesn't work!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by