Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Home Gym-Part 2

Ok, here's another work out dvd review. My home gym series won't only consist of dvd's, but since that's a huge part of my home gym, it's going to focus on these babies.

I have puhlenttyy of guilty pleasures when it comes to tv. If there's a chick-esque show on tv, chances are I watch and I dig it. One of my favoorite guilty pleasures is the "The Girls Next Door." I know, it's terrible, but it's terrible in a delicious sort of way.

Even though the Girls Next Door are now done and Hef has new gf's (have u seen them? YuKkA), Bridget, Kendra and Holly will always hold a special place in my heart.

Where is this all going and how do this deal with excercise? I'll tell you. I actually purchased the Girls Next Door work out dvd. It's a series of three 15-minute excercise segments, each one being hosted by one of the gals.
Here's the DVD's offical description:
Grab your towels and your hottest T's and shorts because The Girls Next Door are going to make you sweat! The Playboy Mansion is home to Holly Bridget and Kendra but today it's the location for your private training session with Hef's one and only Three. Whether it's Kendra's Hot Hip-Hop Romp the more demanding Bridget's Boot Camp Challenge or the sheer fun of Holly's Sexy Silhouette Shape Up you'll find each one equally exhilarating!



Now, this dvd will not get you a playboy body, but it is good if you're in a bit of a time crunch.

The dvd starts with Holly (she has to be first you know) and she does a quick toning work out using dumbbells and one of those big excercise ballie things. This isn't a good cardio work out at all, but it is great if you need a quick toning excercise. It focuses on the upper body and abs. I've incorporated some of the moves into my normal, every day work out.

Second is my personal fave, Bridget. She does a sort of "Bunny Boot Camp". This is a bit more intense and actually does work up a bit of a sweat. I do this at the end of a normal cardio work out, because I seriously feel it working in my legs. If I only have time to squeeze in a 15 minute work out overall, this one is highly reccomended.

Third is of course, Kendra. She's in KILLER shape, but her work out portion falls a bit flat for me. The first couple minutes is just her dancing. Am I supposed to dance with her or like her, or what? She finishes out the work out with some martial arts moves. Again, gets my heart rate going a bit, but I didn't need someone to show me how to do these moves. I watched the power rangers, I know what's going on.

Overall, this dvd is decent. It's not going to blast you into shape, but would be great if you only had a couple minutes to pop in a dvd and do a quick work out. However, this dvd alone will not get you Kendra's bod. Sorry!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by