Tuesday, October 21, 2008

MiNtY mOnEy

Being broke is not fabulous. In fact, it is the opposite of fabulous. In this stressful economic time, it seems that our paychecks just don't go as far as they used to.

For young women (and men) out there, it's so important to stay on track with your finances. If you spiral out of control for just one month, you can be paying for that for years to come.

There are so many resources online to help you budget and keep track of your spending. One of my new favorite sites is Mint. You link all of your accounts to this secure website (no identity theft here) and it keeps track of your spending at any given time. It even breaks your spending down into pie charts (I spent THAT much on meals?).

This great tool can show you where some of your financial "leaks" here and help you to plug them up! The site also has budgeting advice, and advice on loans (home, school, car, etc.)

Another fabulous online tool that I love is ING Direct. I opened up an ING savings account almost a year ago and it's amazing the interest I've all ready attained. It's so simple to set up. You link to an existing checking or savings account and set up automatic withdrawls. I have money taken out of my account automatically each pay day, so I don't even realize it's gone. When you're ready to spend the money, just transfer it into your linked checking account. Voila! You never have to fill out a deposit slip or run to the ATM.

I know this wasn' the most interesting of posts, but we can't be fabulously thrifty without some money in the first place!

1 comment:

Kimberly Tia said...

...must not pay attention to money spending... must BUY.
ha ha ha jk -- i do go bonkers and its gonna get me into trouble.....grr

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by