Monday, October 13, 2008

Shopping Weekend Galore

This past week I thought I would do my part to help boost the economy by spending some hard earned cash. I don't want you all to think this is my regular shopping habits. I shop (as in actually purchasing items, and not just window shopping) maybe once a month, or once every other month. I've chosen to live at home for a bit longer to save money for my future, not splurge every other paycheck on clothing and stuff.

However, between working full time, classes and homework at night, as well as studying for my next state certification exam, I decided to splurge a bit. However, all of the items you are about to see added up to less than $120!! WooHoO.

First, I finally received my Cherry Culture haul. I've read a lot of complaints about Cherry Culture being slow in terms of delivery. My order was completed within a day, but than it got stuck at the post office in California for over a week and a half!

They have so many fun brands that I've never heard of, and most importantly they are super cheap! I was also able to order my first NYX products!
I ordered:
Amuse Metallic Eyeshadow palette in midnight lace
Amuse Sweetheart eyeshadow palette in blue sky
Amuse Tinted Lip Plumping in deep nude
Kleancolor 12 Color Eyeshadow Palette
NYX Concealer Magic Wand in fair
NYX Double Sided Eye Pencil in black and silver glitter
NYX Eyeshadow Trio in aquamarine
NYX Girls Round Lipgloss in cafe latte
NYX Girls Round Lipgloss in apricot
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in purple
NYX Round Lipstick in frosted flakes
NYX Single Eyeshadow in apricot moose
...And finally two Starry Eyeshadow Kits (BOGO free, how could I resist?)

All of this comes to the grand total of: $40.50 (with free shipping!!)
(I will be doing a review of all the products starting with the two NYX eye pencils)





Next was my Target/Walmart run. I loove the Tar-jay! They not only have the cutest housewares and stationary, but the cutest clothes. I was good and the only thing I picked up were these adorable pajama shorts. It's all ready getting a bit chilly around here, but my landlords have the heat pumping constantly, so these are perfect for me! Best part- they were 75% off and only $1.75 each!
Grand total: $3.50


At Wal-Mart I bought this basic grey tee. Perfect for working out or for wearing under a sweater.
Grand total: $3.00


Finally, my boyfriend and I finished off the week by going to the mall and the outlets by us, Woodbury Commons.

I was really in the need for some basic camis to wear under some of my work shirts, but the bra top ones make the girls not work appropriate. I was so happy when I stumbled upon these basic camis from Forever 21 for $2.50 each! After seeing how they wash up, I plan on stocking up on a few more.
Grand total: $7.50


The outlets were PACKED, and sometimes it's hard to shop in situations like that, but I got through it.

In Banana Republic I bought three work shirts, all on clearance I might add. Oh, and did I mention there was an additional 30% off clearance? I love outlets!
First shirt:


I looved this shirt at first sight. It's a soft aqua, with an empire waist and tie wrap. It's forgiving in the stomach region, but also cute because it plays up the bust area. Throw on a white cami underneath (like I'm wearing at work today!) and instant chicness.
Cost: $11.99 with 30% off=$8.39

Second Shirt:


This is a cream shirt with a beige-ish rose outline pattern on it. Usually, I don't like patterns, but I liked the subtlety of this. There's a slight puff to the sleeve, and this is definitely another work option.
Cost: $21.99 with 30% off-$15.40

Third Shirt:


This shirt is a sleeveless shirt and would look perfect under a blazer for work. Again, I'm usually terrified of patterns, but I guess my fashion horizon is expanding!
Cost: $21.99 with 30% off-$15.40

FINALLY, I made my first Cosmetics Company Outlet purchase, as well as my first Mac purchase. Their prices compared to Mac are pretty good. I bought two blushes for $10.25 each! I figured since the new limited edition Revlon blushes are $12, I could justify this Mac purchase.


The first blush is a beauty powder blush (I honestly don't know the difference between that and a regular blush) and is in a color called shy beauty. I didn't notice how shimmery it was until I took out in the light, but I still like it. It's a coral color, and blends into my skin for a natural kind of peachy glow.
The second blush I bought was emote. This color is famous for it's contouring powers. Since contouring was a skill I definitely want to work on, I thought this was the perfect time purchase it!
Total: $20.50

S0o0o, my grand total for my shopping week was: $114.19!!
Not too shabby!

2 comments:

Beauty is Androgynous said...

Hey there!
I got the starry palettes too1 I love them!
I really like the starry e/s. I got 3 palettes from cherry culture.

Mets GirLL said...

I'm actually really surprised at how decent those palettes are. Any reccomendations for some cheapy matte palettes from Cherry Culture?

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by