Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Guide to Outlet Shopping

I don't know about you, but I loooove outlet shopping. The deals that I get at outlets just get me all excited and giddy!

However, there is a right and a wrong way to shop at an outlet. Here are some general rules to follow to get some of the best deals:

-Do your research! Every outlet center usually has a website. Check it regularly as it updates sale. Outlet prices generally are great, but they are even better with an additional percent off.

-While you're at that website, register with them. Most of the time if you register with them and become a "member" they give you a voucher to pick up a coupon book. Sometimes you may need a AAA card, or something like that. Get this coupon book! It has extra percentages off or a free gift for most stores and stands at an outlet mall.

-Check if the individual stores have outlet mailing lists. I've signed up for the J.Crew, Banana Republic and Gap store emails, but they each have outlet emails that you have to sign up for seperately. They don't send coupons, but just alert you of upcoming sales.

-Be prepared! Most outlet malls (at least by me) are outdoors and not always compact. Wear comfortable shoes and easy to slip on and off clothes (for trying on stuff-get your mind out of the gutter!). Also, bring snacks and try to plan ahead to spot a good restaurant near the outlets. Outlet food courts seem to always be packed, overpriced and quite yucky to me.

-Get a map and plan a route of attack. The outlet that I frequent is kind of broken into sections. I give each section a priority and start at my favorite one. That way if I get tired, I won't have missed my favorite store.

-Try to go on a weekday! Outlets are always packed on the weekend-especially the next couple of weekends! If you go on a weekday,

1 comment:

Yas said...

Looove outlet shopping. Thank you for the tips hun!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by