Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fabulously Thrifty Craft Time-Soap Petals

Last week wasn't only my birthday, but one of my boss's birthdays as well. We have done our birthdays pretty low key since they are so close to Christmas. We always talk about different crafts that we want to try so I decided to make her something for her birthday. I made her soap petals, which are basically silk petals covered in soap. They are single use soaps and make a great shower favor or guest bathroom addition.

Step 1:
Gather necessary supplies. I used both clear glycerin soap found in a soap kit at Michael's (it's one of those cheap teeny bopper soap kit) and white melt and pour soap from Brambleberry. I used pink rose petals from Michaels, and a pear-berry soap scent from Brambleberry. The house hold supplies needed are a microwave safe plastic bowl, a knife and wax paper or aluminum foil.



Step 2:
Coat your soap into small pieces. Start out with less than you think because a few small cubes make more soap than you think. Place them in the bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. If this doesn't melt it all, microwave in 10 second increments until all of your soap is melted.




Step 3:
Place several rose petals in the soap at a time. If you have plastic gloves, throw them on because the soap can dry in your nails.


Step 4:
Pick out the petals one by one and shape them anyway you want. I usually just put my finger in the middle and make the center pucker to imitate a real petal. Lay them on the foil/wax paper and let dry. Voila-instant gift/favor.

1 comment:

♥ Kendall ♥ said...

Cool project! I always look at the soap making stuff w/ I'm in Micheal's. Hmmmm I'm saving that to my DYI craft list!
XoXo

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by