Thursday, January 8, 2009

Review-GVP Smoothing Serum

This is a review on the GVP (Generic Value Products) Smoothing Serum sold at Sally Beautys. It's currently on sale here for $5.00 or on sale at your local Sallys.

It's described by Sally Beauty as:

Compare to: Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
Provides incredible shine
Smoothes and conditions
Reduces frizz and fly-aways
Improves manageability
Thermal protectant

GVP Smoothing Serum smoothes and conditions your hair reducing frizz and fly-aways. Improves manageability and protects against heat damage from heat styling tools.

Now some people may think generic and think knock off or faux. I don't think that way. There's a difference between buying a purse with C's all over it trying to look identical to a Coach bag, and buying a generic cereal or beauty product. They aren't trying to be or pass themselves off as the "real" thing, just a less expensive version of it.

I've heard great thinks about the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and anything that can help cut down on my drying time I had to give a try.

I have to say that I don't notice a huge difference in drying time. My hair isn't that thick but I have TONS of it and I like to air dry it as long as possible prior to blowdrying. Maybe if I tried blow drying it the entire time I would a notice a difference in drying time.

However, the smoothing and frizz fighting capabilities of it are fantastic. I mix a dime size amount of this with a tiny squirt of John Frieda Frizz-Ease and it makes the perfect smoothing cocktail for my hair.

I also noticed it helps disguise my split ends. I (ashamed to admit it) went quite a while with out a haircut and my hair should have looked a lot worse than it did! This serum helped smooth the folicle and disguise any breakage or split ends.

Another fab thing about this product is that it lasts forever. I've been using this for several months now and when you use the reccomended dime sized amount (don't use more or you'll get the greasies) it can really last you a while. It doesn't even feel like I've used any since I've bought it.

This is the first GVP product that I've tested, but after these results I will definitely test more!

1 comment:

♥ Kendall ♥ said...

Thank you so much for that review. I'm going to try the Sally's version! PM = $$ But 1st I want to experiment w/ Herbal Essences Long-Term Relationship (less than $5 @ Target). It's it Leave-in split end protector for long hair. I bought it a few days ago but haven't experimented yet.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by