Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sonia Kashuk Gold Glamour Brush Set Review

I'm in desperate need of some decent make up brushes. A lot of the reviews I've read say that Sonia Kashuk brushes are pretty good and pretty budget friendly. I was really excited when I went into Target last week and saw a Sonia Kashuk gold brush set on sale for $14! It came with 6 brushes: Blush, Concealer, Eyeshadow Brush, Blending brush, lip brush (i think?) and one of those lash comb/brush thingies. I know sets aren't always the same quality as those brushes that you can buy individually, but I thought this way was a good way to test it out. Please, I loved the gawdy gold. I think Carrie would title this as "ghetto gold". :)

Any who, on to the review!

Angled Liner Brush


This brush is my fave of the bunch. The bristles are hard enough to get a straight line, but not to tug on my lid. This one washed up really nicely as well. If you're looking for a thin line or a thicker line, this brush worked really well. However, I've only used with eyeshadow to line my eyes, not sure how well it would work with a cream liner. I'll have to test that out soon!

Blender Brush


This brush was pretty dissapointing. It reminded me of the original ELF blending brushes. It was scratchy, shed a bit with it's first washing and I just didn't like it. It did blend well, but it was so uncomfortable to use.

Blush Brush


If I were to give this brush a test grade, it would be 85%. I liked, didn't love it. I currently use the Bare Minerals angled blush brush and just love it. It doesn't shed, it helps me with applying countor, highlight and regular blush. This blush brush, I would only use for blush. All though it's smaller than the typical blush brush, it fits perfectly for the apples of my cheeks. This shed minimally and wasn't super soft, but wasn't scratchy either.

Concealer Brush


This concealer brush was pretty decent. It's quite tiny so it helps me get concealer under my lash line, in the corner of my eye and around my nose. However, it's pretty useless for covering blemishes. I'd also use this to apply color to the inner tear duct. The bristles are soft and this reminds me of a tiny version of my Bare Minerals concealer brush.

Lip Brush


I'm not a big lip brush fan, so I'm assuming this is a lip brush. However, I use it to fill in my eyebrows and it's pretty perfect for doing that. The bristles are short and tapered and stiff enough to fill in my brows properly. I have no idea how this would work as a lip brush lol.

Eyeshadow Brush


This brush I was also on the fence with. All though it's soft and only shed minimally during it's first wash, it was so similar to my ELF Eyeshadow Brush. I LOVE my Elf brush, it packs on color well and is surprisingly soft. So I do love this brush, but I'd rather stock up on my $1 ELF Brushes.


..And here's the cute little case it came with. I'll be using it as a giant eyeglass case LoL.


Overall, I'm glad I bought this. It's a good way to try out some brushes. Even though I wasn't overly impressed, I will still try more Sonia Kashuk brushes. I really want to try the angled liner brush that everyone is lemming over, and the stippling brush.
The negatives of this set were the inconsistencies in the quality. Some of the brushes were great and others just sucked. Also, the gold is cute, but I've used them like twice and they are covered in finger prints. That drives me loco!

1 comment:

Mintrukpeace said...

Now, I searching for the best information for Blemish cream~~*

and your Blog are very interesting too

i hope you to don't angry me to post this post for backlink

Please comeback to visit my blog too : Blemish cream

I'm sorry , If you think this is spam. but may i thank you again.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by