Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Steal Their Style-2009 Grammys

This year the Grammys was full of more drama than usual. From Jennifer Hudson's beautiful acceptance speech and tear jerking performance, to M.I.A.'s performance on her due date (she was awesome!), to the negative drama of Chris Brown and Rihanna. Despite all of the drama though, the fashionistas were out in full force.

Here's my interpretation, more affordable interpretation, of my fave 3 looks of the night.



Jennifer Hudson Grammy Look
Jennifer Hudson Grammy Look - by Melziebabee on Polyvore.com


I know people were on the fence about this origami inspired dress, but I loveeeeed it! This total look is under $300. Her shoes probably cost more than that.



Carrie Underwood Grammys
Carrie Underwood Grammys - by Melziebabee on Polyvore.com

Even though I wasn't wild about the fit of this dress on Carrie, I thought she still looked a golden goddess. I couldn't find an affordable dress with all of the detailing and bead work, but this dress can be dressed up with splashier gold accessories such as the gold croc clutch. I went with a pump instead of a sandal, because I thought a gold sandal might be overkil. This look is less than $200!



Kate Beckinsale Grammys
Kate Beckinsale Grammys - by Melziebabee on Polyvore.com

Kate Beckinsale can really do no wrong in my book. She is absolutely, gorgeously, stunning! Even though I think she was a bit overdressed for the Grammys, I ADORED this dress. I searched everywhere for an affordable alternative, and couldn't come up with anything close. Instead, I opted for a navy trumpeted gown. The shape is the same with out being as dramatic and navy can work on just as many skintones as black. This look is also under $200!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by