Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lush Review...so far

So I've been using my Lush facial products for about 2 weeks now. I know that's a short time to be doing a review, but I thought I'd give my initial review in hopes some people may be able to tell me what's going on!

I've been using the same facial products (moisturizers, make up, etc.) for a while now and have just been testing out face washes. I used a complete no name drugstore face wash and had minor break outs. When I ran out of that, I found they didn't sell it anymore and started testing out new ones. So far I've tried a Mark cleanser,the Clinique 3 step system, a Mario Badescu cleanser and now Lush, and have been suffering from major break outs. Mainly they are limited to my chin area, but I've recently been getting tiny break outs on my chin too which drives me loco!

For two weeks I've been using the Sweet Japanese Girl cleanser, which the SA reccomended to me for my super dry chin, nose and forehead, and break out prone chin (weird combo, right?). I put a couple dabs of the moistened bar on my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin and rub in circles around my face. I then put on a hot wash cloth over my face for a minute like the SA said and then rub in circular motions with the wet wash cloth for another minute around my face. Two-Three times a week I use the Angels on Bare skin as an exfoliator. At night before I put my moisturizer on, I spray a cotton ball with the Breath of Fresh Air toner and the rest of my facial routine is the same it's been for a while. I was PRAYING this stuff would work, but alas, break outs continue and have spread. I don't know whether to keep using it in hopes my skin is just reacting to something new, or what. I don't even know what i would try next.

Also, to you Lush ladies out there, question! I keep my face bar in a tightly sealed container in the shower, but out of the direct stream and I swear to you, I think it's growing mold..Is this possible? HELP!

2 comments:

♥ Kendall ♥ said...

Eww mold!!! Well it is natural & stuff! I'd take it back. Ok that's me being selfish b/c if you take it back we can hang at the Danbury Fair and maybe go to OG or Red Lobster! Ask Mona from Make Me Blushhh, or Kim Tia, they may have real advice.
Oh you WON AN AWARD! Check my blog! Get a C-Box!!!

paperdollrevenge said...

Growing mold?! Gross! I'd definitely take it back. Maybe they'll tell you to keep it in the fridge and not the bathroom? I hardly keep anything in my bathroom these days, lol.

I don't know...two weeks seems like a long enough time for your facial skin to adjust to the new products. Maybe they're just not working for you. Or maybe it's not what you're washing your face with, it's your moisturizer.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by