Monday, March 23, 2009

Selling Your Designer Duds

During these crappy economic times, some people may be interested in emptying out their closet and selling some old designer duds to get some cash for some new designer duds. Below are some resources that may help you do that:

-Local consignment shops- Local consignment shops are probably the easiest and least time consuming way to sell some designer duds. However, there are some drawbacks. You probably won't get too much money. These stores have to make a profit somehow and they will give you an amount for that Coach bag or Paper, Denim and Cloth jeans and then jack up the price. Also, some consignment stores are downright snobby! If the goods are too old, not designer-ish enough (meaning not high end enough) or not in 100% pristine condition, they may not buy them.





-Ebay- I personally have never sold anything on ebay, yet I know people love it! If you start your bidding on the lower end you may receive some more bids, yet there is no guarantee you'll get the price you want. Browse through ebay and see where starting and ending bids are on similar items to get an idea of what you may receive.





-Yard sales- I LOVE yard sales..Why? Bargains, bargains, bargains galore! All though this is awesome for the shopper, it may not be good for the seller. People are looking for bargains at a yard sale, so again you may not be able to get the price you were hoping for for your foods.



I personally have some small designer goods to get rid of and am considering having a blogger sale for them. That way I don't have to mess with ebay and can assure that someone will take good care of them lol.

1 comment:

♥ Kendall ♥ said...

Post up those items! I don't have any clothes worth selling. I doubt anyone would want my Target collection. I do have some purses that I got tired of.......
XoXo

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by