Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Book Review: How to be a Budget Fashionista

How to be a Budget Fashionista is written by Kathyrn Finney who also writes The Budget Fashionista. I LOOOVE her site, so when I saw her book, I decided to give it a read. I'm so glad I did!

Amazon.com description:

This delightful little guide to the fashion good life is perfect for money-conscious shopaholics who "love purses because they can instantly identify your personality and be used to 'fake' your income level." After teasing out the all-important personality and style differences between Sex and the City and Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman women, Finney rates everything from discount designer web sites to outlet malls so that readers will be assured of their catch. The author also proves herself to be more than mere fashion tourguide as she takes time out to explain the Value Added Tax, the surprising ways to spot a designer fake and how to safely purchase high-end goods on eBay. While this fun-to-read frippery won't reveal too many new secrets for die-hard Vogue and W fans, some of the author's more practical advice ("Take Care of Your Clothes Like a Stylist") make the upbeat guide well worth the price of admission. Finney's personal quest for the sartorial best on a budget, combined with her knack for sniffing out the best designer deals, will win her legions of fans.


I am so glad I picked up this book. It was full of so much information from how to determine my personal style, how to determine how much I have to buy some items for my personal style, where to score the best deals, and basically a how to shop guide.

The tips in this book were really fantastic and it inspires me to seriously want to go to my Good Will and Consignment Shops. This book proves that you don't need to have tons of money to rock a style all your own.

If you want to be more of a budget fashionista, and really? who doesn't?, than check out your local library for this book like I did!!

3 comments:

xppinkx said...

hey dollface

just wanted to come by and say hello! talk about budget fashionista...F21 is a great place to start...half my closet if from there...its all about choosing the right material...i say stay away from poly blends LOL!...i love buying on the cheap....

xo!

paperdollrevenge said...

Sounds like a really cute book! I agree with Pink too, F21 is a great place to start, and so is H&M! It's all about picking out the good stuff. =P

I definitely want to check out this book!

Special K said...

I love this book, its definitely a staple!!!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by