Wednesday, June 3, 2009

ELF Haul Reviw

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about my recent tiny ELF haul. I've gotten to test the products out in the past few weeks and I have to say, that I'm quite pleasantly surprised by all of them.

Foundation Brush:

Purchase here
I LOVE this brush. This is the first foundation/complexion brush that I have ever used, so I don't have much to compare it to, except my fingers. I was very worried about it leaving brush marks, like on a painting or leave stray hairs all over my face. After washing this once, with only one hair shedding, it was perfect. It's super smooth and really blends the foundation seamlessly into the skin. The only place it's a bit difficult and blotchy is under my nose, I don't know why. Other than that it's perfection.
Rating: 5 out of 5
Price: $3.00
Would I buy again: Hell yes!

Powder Brush

Purchase here

This was another brush that I adored. The bristles are soft and super dense. I got it to use with mineral foundation, but I haven't worn mineral foundation in a while due to my obsession with my new Smashbox liquid stuff. So I use this to put on a light mineral powder after liquid foundation application. There was zero shedding and it really gives me a nice matte look in conjuction with my powder. I love it!
Rating: 5 out of 5
Price: $3.00
Would I buy again? YES!

Blush and Contour Palette

Purchase here

I had heard so many raves about this product and I was dissapointed. The color pay off is fantastic, but it's just not for me. The bronzer is too shimmery to be effective as a contour powder and just WAY too dark for me. I'm not a huge fan of the blush either, but if I use it with a highlighter brush it gives m chees a nice glow.
Rating: 2 out of 5
Price: $3.00
Would I Buy again? Probably not.

Eyebrow Kit (in medium)

Purchase here

I really like this product. Previous to this, I had never used a gel formula, only pencil and powder. The gel formula, set with the powder, makes a perfect shade for me and really helps to define my eyebrows and it makes me look more awake. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of the adorable lil' brush, because it works amazingly. This is perfect for everyday use and the brush makes it perfect for travel. Granted I haven't tried many eyebrow products, but this is definitely my HG so far.
Rating: 5 out of 5
Price: $3.00
Would I buy again? Most definitely!

1 comment:

T said...

nice haul! I love those ELF brushes. The contour blushes look tempting.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by