Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Home Decor on the Cheap

I don't know if I've said this before, but one of my life's dreams is to be a mini Martha Stewart (not as uptight!). I would love to have this beautiful show house where everything just comes together and has a story behind it. I'd love to be able to whip up a 5 course meal with just whatever I left in the fridge (which would include a fine cheese of course). I would love to make homemade Christmas decorations and cookies to match. Of course, I'm not Martha like. I can cook, but never really tried anything too difficult before, I can decorate, but only on a shoe string budget, and I can decorate but it has been limited to a dorm and an apartment ON a shoestring budget.

I love interior design. I love it so much so, that I subscribe to DIY magazines, HGTV newsletters and live by Candace Olsen and Design on a Dime. All of these things (with the exception of a Design on a Dime of course) are mucho expensive!!!

I've recently started getting DIY Magazine (for all of you wanna be Marthas out there, this mag is a necessity!) and last month they had this special insert from of all companies, styrofoam!

I'm looking for some cheapie home decor ideas since the boy and I are moving out soon, this was perfect for me!

I never knew styrofoam could look so chic and stylish. The project ideas included:

Disc Drama Wall Art


Memo Boards


Moss Spheres


And tons of variations of wall hangings





So if you're apartment, room, dorm, whatever is in need of some cheap sprucing up, this site is an amazing resource! Save up some Michaels coups, put aside a Saturday afternoon and bring out your inner Martha. Your apartmnet will thank you :)

1 comment:

Aracely said...

I am a bargain shopper and love to sace money.!! Fingerhut is a nice place to get cheap home d├ęcor at easy installments.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by