Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Review-Philosophy-Completely Clear

A couple of months ago, on my quest for a skincare system, I purchased Philosophy's Completely Clear Skin System.

My skin isn't an acne-fest (what an image right?!), but around that time of the month I get some bad break outs so I wanted to look for an acne system that also would help reduce the appearance of my acne scars. I read up some reviews and headed to try Philosophy.

The kit includes an oil-free cleanser:

It's ingredients are:
Salicylic Acid 0.5%, Water, 1&3 Propanediol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Olive Oil Peg-7 Esters, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Buteth-3, Tributyl Citrate, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.

Overall, the cleanser isn't too bad. It's a foaming cleanser and one pump is all you need. However, it does leave a lot of make up behind which is kind of annoying.


Retinol Clarifying Lotion:


The ingredients are:
Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Emulsifying Wax, Glycerin, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Retinol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbic Acid, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Peg-10 Soy Sterol, Stearic Acid, Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Propyl Gallate, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine, Disodium Edta, Bht, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol.


This to me is the only winner of the set. I use this every other day to help clear up my acne scars and any facial redness. This in conjuction with my bio-oil, has really helped lighten the acne scars in my chin area.


All over acne treatment:


It's ingredients:
Salicylic Acid 0.5%, Water, Sd Alcohol 40, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Polysilicone-11, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Polyacrylamide, Oligopeptide-10, Laureth-7, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid Copolymer, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Trimethylsiloxy Phenyl Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethoxydiglycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol.

This wasn't too bad. It wasn't nearly as drying as other acne treatments, but I only used it every other day. However, it didn't prevent my womanly break outs at all, so to me, it was kind of pointless.


Acne Spot Treatment:

I forgot to take a pic. I think it wasn't subconsciously, because this stuff sucked!

It's ingredients:
Sulfur 3.0%, Water, Dimethicone, Glycereth-18, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sclerotium Gum, Oligopeptide-10, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Polysilicone-11, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Steareth-2, Salicylic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin.

I put this on as soon as I felt a blemish start to rumble beneath the surface. Did it prevent the pimple from forming? No! Did it shorten it's life span? No! This stuff was pointless!!

Price: $35
Where to purchase: Sephora and Philosophy.com
Would I buy again: No! However, I do think I'll be purchasing a full size of the retinol lotion.

Next stop-maybe boscia?

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by