Saturday, August 22, 2009

Book Review-The Everything Personal Finance Book

I feel like as I'm moving out on my own I should get a better grasp of the whole "personal finance" concept. Living with my parents I haven't had to worry about a lot of budgeting and such. I had my bills to pay, but nothing compared to living on a fixed income with paying rent, groceries, utilities and the bills I currently pay now.

My boyfriend works in the finance biz and has a lot of books on personal finance, so I borrowed this book from him:

Image from Amazon.com

This book can be purchased here.

Honestly, the book is a lot of common sense information. The only area I really learned something was about 401K's and IRA's. If you have no idea about budgeting, savings options, mortgages, loans, etc. than this is a really good basic book, other than that though, skip it.

Next on the financial reading list:

1 comment:

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

That's such a good idea. I'll check the library! Did you know the books there are FREE!!! lol
XoXo

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by