Friday, August 21, 2009

A Healthier Me-Week 3

So again no pic this morning. I took a pic on my phone, but you can't even see the numbers, only the outline of the scale and my green toes! However, this morning's number read 121.4 pounds! I was excited, but a bit skepical, since I usually weigh myself in the evening and this is the first time I weighed myself in the morning. I read in a magazine that our weight can fluctuate with in the same four pounds on a daily basis. Howver, just to make myself feel better I will take it as a weight loss!

This weeks high points:
-Staring to making wiser decisions-if I don't feel like working out, I'll still do jumping jacks, lunges, crunches, etc.
-Back on a normal eating schedule since I'm done with vacation and classes
-After reading an article in Glamour, I'm making more of an attempt to notice my posture and correct it- I have absolutely terribly posture!

This weeks low point:
-Snacking too much! I have my breakfast at around 7 am, an apple sauce by 10:30, lunch at noon, a snack (100 cal popcorn or strawberries) at around 3:30 and then a snack after dinner..I need to start making meals that fill me up a bit more!
-Using the heat as an excuse not to work out as hard or as much as I should
-Not wearing sneakers while doing said jumping jacks-OMG my legs hurt!

Next weeks goal:
I'm reading a book by Jillian Michaels (which I hate and all ready sold on Half.com) but one point I liked a lot. If you eat a balanced diet and stay within a healthy range of calories for your weight, you have to spend a max of 5 hours a week working out to see results. When I think of 5 hours at a time, I'm like OMG that's insane, but there are 168 hours in a week. Granted I spend around 56-60 of those hours sleeping, but still that leaves a lot of time. I have a lot of times to slip in some physical activity-whether at lunch, or during commercials of my shows or whatever. I'm going to try to stick to 5 hours of physical activity next week and keep track of every minute!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You're SUPPOSED to weigh yourself in the morning after you pee & before you eat..thats your real weight. You skinny thang!! =)

Good job on being healthier.

Dreamer said...

i think the way you're eating right now is the best option. more smaller meals is the better way to do it rather than three larger meals that will fill you up. if you eat just enough to not be hungry, and then a couple hours later eat again, and so on and so on, your body burns more fat because it knows that you're going to feed it. your body stores more fat when there is more space in between your meals. granted, if you eating six times a day, it shouldn't be six big meals lol. i think you should stick to what you're doing. sugarfree apple sauce is a good snack. you could try string cheese, pretzels.things like that. snacks are good!!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by