Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Healthier Mel-Pesto Pizza

So my week one did not start off well. This was NOT the right week to start because i feel like absolute crap. I want to do nothing but SLEEP. So I hate to say, I failed massively all ready, I didn't work out last night! Instead of friend Bia and I made dinner and watched The Hills. Epic fail! LoL..However, dinner was NOT an epic fail, in fact it was amazingly delicious. We made pesto pizza.



Recipe from AllRecipes.com:

2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 unbaked pizza crust
1 tomato, sliced
1 bunch fresh spinach, torn
1 sweet onion, sliced
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven according to pizza crust package directions.
In a small bowl combine butter, olive oil, garlic, pesto, basil, oregano and Parmesan cheese. Spread mixture evenly on pizza crust.
Arrange tomato, spinach, onion and jalapeno on pizza. Top with crumbled feta cheese.
Bake according to pizza crust package directions.

We altered the recipe a tiny bit. I'm quite bland in my veggie choices so we opted out of the jalapenos and onions. Also, my friend Bia all ready had a jar of regular basil pesto. So instead we bought sun dried tomatoes, chopped them and threw them in the pre-made pesto.

This pizza was s0o0o amazingly delicious. You must love garlic with this recipe though lol. It's all about the garlic. The best tip with this recipe is that don't judge the pizza's done-ness by the melting of the cheese. Good thing Bia was there, because I didn't know that feta doesn't really melt lol.

2 comments:

Bailey (Makeover Momma) said...

That looks SO good... I am so into finding healthier versions of pizza these days (I posted a goat cheese/artichoke idea on my website awhile back). Yours looks amazing!

potionprincess said...

looks fab-I'm allergic to wheat so Ive got to make my own with the wheat free bases.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by