Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Healthy Mel?

So here it is-entry one in my new series "A Healthier Me" (I was lacking on the originality of the title-shush!). I've always considered myself thin. Recently however, I reached my highest weight of 126, ok 126.4 to be exact. To me, this is just too much. I still fit in my clothes and all, but I just don't feel healthy. I can't go a day with out my diet coke and I can barely walk across campus while holding a convo with out being a little out of breath. I'm 24! This should not be happening. So recently my friend Bia suggested I work out with her on Mondays, Wed. and Fridays. I jumped at the idea, because I honestly need to be forced to work out. She is also making the cold turkey (no pun intended) transition to becoming a vegetarian and I thought since I'd be eating with her I'd might as well support her and have meat free meals on these days as well. So here I am..every Sunday I'll be making a post summarizing my week and how my efforts are paying off. What a moron I am though to start this little experiment on the week of my monthly visitor and the week before I leave for vaca! LoL So this weeks update will be on Friday instead of Sunday. I'll also be posting any recipes that I try out with Bia during the week. Ok on to the deets:

Current pic of me (jammies, wet hair, no make up and all)


Current weight:

Don't mind the toes-I'm about to do them now!

My biggest problem area:
Legs! I hate my legs..from the anke straight up to the hip..hate them

The plan:
3 vegetarian meals a week
Working out 6 days a week
M,W,F-30 Day Shred
Tuesday and Thursday-Yoga
Sunday-Girls Next Door Work Out lol




This weeks goal:
Stick to work out plan!

Even though this is personal, I plan to keep it on the fabulously thrifty path. By avoiding pricey gyms and pricey diet plans, I plan to prove that you can lose weight and become healthier by using dvds, home gym set ups, the great out doors, and fresh and affordable ingredients!

4 comments:

paperdollrevenge said...

Great plan!! I love!! Healthier Mel on the way!!

lipton|TEE said...

I need to jump on board with you. I've been trying to lose weight but I hate the workout lol.

Tammy said...

Yay for you!!! I did a similar series a few months back for my bday..haha!

Great snack idea is cucumber slices w/ shredded coconut. YUM! A spoonful of peanut butter is a great appetite supresant..

btw-pilates is a great way to tone your legs.

Good luck..I'm sure you will do a great job!

Vanessa M. said...

i didnt know the girlnext door had a work out!! do you like it?
ps your super cute in the pjs :)

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by