Thursday, August 27, 2009

Review- Elf Studio Line Single Shadows and Blushes

In my previous post I mentioned that I purchased some of the new Elf Studio Line single shadows and blushes. The shadows can be seen here and the blushes here.

I got the shadows in Charcoal, a shimmery dark grey/black olor and Amethyst, a deep purple.

Amethyst:


I tried every flash option and lighting option to truly capture the color and to no avail. It is not as dark as it appears on the site, but it's still a gorgeous deep purple color. It looks a lot more shimmery in the package then on the skin. It's a beautiful color to use with a purple smokey eye.

Charcoal:


This photographs a lot more brown then it really is. It's a deep grey color, that has brown and silver undertones. I know, that sounds weird. It's just a very multidimensional color. Great to use with a smokey eye.

Swatches:
With out a base and with flash



The blushes I purchased were Candid Coral and Peachy Keen.

Candid Coral:


This is a really pretty color in the package, but unfortunately just swatches as a light flush of color with tons of shimmer.

Peachy Keen:

(Pic from ELF site)

This is definitely not a peach color, but you can tell that by the photo supplied by ELF. It's more of a bronzey color and it's quite pretty. This one has a bit more pigmention than the previous blush and gives of a sheen really, instead of an intense shimmery.

Swatches:
(with flash on super pale skin)

Left-Peachy Keen
Right- Candid Coral

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by