Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Review- Mark Travel Brush Set

Before I left for Cape Cod I wanted to purchase a travel brush set. I wanted something small and simple that after vaca I could just throw in my purse. When I go to Cape Cod I'm a complete bum so I really wanted the simplest of the simplest. I purchased the Mark "Go with the Pro Mini Brush Kit". Info here.

The brush kit comes with the little brush holder and a powder brush, eye shadow brush, eye liner brush, concealer brush and lip brush.

First of all, when they say mini, they mean MINI. This thing is super, super tiny! This is not for serious make up application.

Closed brush holder:


Open Seasame:


Powder Brush:


Honestly, this brush was kind of pointless for me. I don't wear a lot of powder, and I use a puff if I do. I was hoping to use this as a bronzer or blush brush, but it's just too tightly packed and dense. I ended up having two stripes of blush on my cheeks. If you wear powder regularly and apply with a brush, then this is A-ok.

Concealer brush:


This little guy got the job done. I was impressed with the quality of this brush. The concealer brush I normally use is one by BE, and this was similar to it. It gets into tight corners and is stiff enough to blend out well.

Eye Shadow Brush:


This guy was a little scratchy, but none the less, get the job done as well. It was stiff enough to pack on shadow, and lightly blend it out. I wouldn't call this a "do it all" brush by any means, but if you're doing a simple wash of color, it works.

My photo editing program decided to stop working, so the next two products will be done sans photos :(
It's not like my pics are that great anyway lol

Eye liner brush:

This little guy was awesome. Stiff enough to make a nice shadow line on the upper or lower lash line.

Lip brush:
Again, pointless to me. I'm a gloss and go kinda gal. I'll keep it in there just because this tiny set will look naked with out it lol.

1 comment:

Pop Champagne said...

ohhh nice brush! yeah I'm a fan of traveling light as well, I have a set of brushes for travel too to "save space" in my cosmetics bag hehe

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by