Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mini Haul

Last weekend I went to the mall with my boyfriend and friend Bia. I had very specific shopping goals in mind-I met the beauty shopping goals, and failed miserably with the clothing shopping goals.

Anyway, a couple of months ago I did a review on the Philosophy On a Clear Day kit, here. I was just ehh with the whole set, but loved the retinol gel it came with. I went to purchase it in full size this weekend. I'm terrified of premature aging, so I thought this would be a great product to begin my anti-aging routine with, on top of that it also helps lighten my acne scars-bonus! Anyone know of a product that can help with broken capillaries around the nose or are those babies permanent?

I also stopped in at Mac. I need a good foundation for said acne scars and my NYX Concealer in a Jar just wasn't cutting it anymore. The sales associate recommended the Studio Sculpt concealer in NW20 (I know-I'm PALE!). She put it on with a qtip and then lightly buffed it out with a sponge. It looked flawless! This morning I put it on with my BE Concealer brush and try to buff it out and it does nothing. I may try the Qtip and sponge effect tomorrow.

Lastly, I got a blush palette. Yes, I only have three Mac blushes, but I can fit a NYX blush in there too. I'm trying to downsize my makeup storage and depotting is my first HUGE step at doing this. I have blushes and tons of NYX singles to depot. I plan on using Enkore's no heat method. After Christmas time last year I used the heat method to depot my Flirt! By Kohls palette and the "aroma" nearly killed me.

I plan on going to Ikea within the next couple of weeks to get some storage help in the make up area. I definitely plan on doing a before and after post!

2 comments:

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

Girl go to Target and get the white/clear plastic storage drawers with the holes in them. They are cheap, stackable & portable. The drawers are nice and deep & I put smaller baskets inside to use as separators.
Do you have a concealer brush??? I have one that I love from MARK it was like $5 and sometimes I use the brush that came with the Benefit Girls Night Out Kit, I think you bought that.
XoxO

Fell4fashion said...

At least you met one goal!!! Where will you be moving to in Atlanta? The city or suburbs??

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by