Monday, October 26, 2009

What Have I Been Up To?

God, have I been MIA or what?? I'm so sorry lovelies! The past couple of weeks have been loco for me. My schedule is getting a bit more normal now, so I would like to post at least 2x a week.

Here is what my past 2 weeks have been like for me:

As many of you know I'm doing my student teaching now for my masters in education. I have to do three different classroom settings and my first setting was in a 4th grade classroom for 7 weeks. To say I fell in love with the students, the teacher, the school, the grade, everything, would be an understatement. I got some of the most lovely cards and gifts from my students on my last day that I swear to you I almost cried.

My lovely 4th grade class and teacher <3




I chopped my hair off! Well, kind of. This is the shortest I've ever had my hair with the exception of a terrible short cut in college. It's a long bob with a side swept bang that never wants to look as good as when the salon lady does it lol. It's pretty much one length, but I have seriously heavy hair so I needed some long layers to give it a bit of lift.



I was in a wedding! My first friend to get engaged got married last weekend and I was a bridesmaid! My friend Ash and Zach met in college and then moved to Iowa right after graduation. I have been bugging her for information lately since her and Zach moved to Iowa not knowing a soul, which is what I'll be doing in January moving to ATL with Jason. She was a BEAUTIFUL bride. I did her make up, but was so hectic that day did not even take a close up pic of it. Luckily, she doesn't need a lot of make up because she has really good skin and isn't a dramatic make up wearer. It was freeeeeezing, but it was a beautiful day.



The bride and the maid lol


Moi


The wedding party


The bride and groom

::all photos courtesy of heidierika.com::


Lastly, my skin has SUCKED lately. I guess it's the seasonal change and maybe my skin has made an adjustment to the face wash I've been using? I don't know, but it sucks. Any suggestions on a face wash to try for dry, yet tempremental skin? Help me!

3 comments:

Fabuless Beauty said...

You look so pretty at your friends wedding pictures. As for face wash, have you tried switching to a cream cleanser? That might help. And don't forget to moisturize!

Dreamer said...

You are so cute! I think there are one or two close ups that Heidi got that you could show my makeup. I'll let you know which ones I think. I was thinking that you could've posted my face for the makeup you did, which is funny now that you're talking about it! I kind of want to be a teach after seeing your picture of your kids! I almost cried whenever I left that daycare in Altoona because all the kids drew me pictures. It's so sweet ;-)

M said...

i love the beautiful wedding pics!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by