Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Weekend in the A

So last weekend I went down to visit Jason in Atlanta. He's been down there since early September and I haven't seen him since. It was the perfect weekend to go since it was our 5 year anniversary on Saturday. It was also a weekend to see my future apartment and future couch and love seat for the first time!

If you read any of my tweets before I left- you know I'm a psycho flier..like totally 100% petrified, have to take xanex to get on a plane, type of flier. I had a really great flight down there (meaning I was PASSED out). On the way back I was not so lucky. It was a smooth flight, but it was my fellow passenger that pissed me off.

I book my flights early so I can get the window seat. I get the window seat so I can 1: immediately close the window thingie and 2: because i tend to sleep to the right, it would be embarassing to pass out on someone next to me. This guy sat next to me with his son and asked if I closed the window thingy. I said yes and explained my fear to him. He asked me why I chose the window seat then and I explained my second answer to him. Well this answer must not have been good enough for him. I passed out and woke up when we began our initial decent to my surprise the window thingy was open! This MAN reached over my sleeping, drugged, fearful body to open the window thing. When I noticed it and almost screamed I looked at him, he was sleeping, and closed it loudly. It bothered me a lot, what can I say?

Anyway, on to the fun stuff.

The apartment is tres cute. It's located in the Dunwoody section of Atlanta. I don't dislike Atlanta, but I'm glad my move there is only temporary. My bf used to joke around and call me a stuck up New Yorker and I would get offended, until I realized it was true. I am a stuck up New Yorker. Being that far away from Ny and being in a place that was truly different, just didn't sit well for me. Please don't hate me my southern bells. I can totally see the appeal, people are nice there lol, rents are HOLY cheap and you get to wear short sleeves in November! I'm just glad I get to take a "dip" there and move back up north. That is until it snows here and I begin cursing the north lol.

On Friday we went to Atlantic Station. It's this shopping, restaurant, Ikea, cute area. We looked at a couple of apartments there, which we liked, but we heard a lot of students live there. I went to college, graduated from college, it's time for me to move on.




On Saturday, our anniversary, we went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. Save your $15, trust me!





Saturday night we went to the Melting Pot in downtown Atlanta. That is seriously my fave restaurant, and it's so nice for a special event because you're there for like 2 hours. It's also a really great location. I'm a dork and didn't take any close up pics of the make up, but for the first time I waterlined and tightlined my eyes. I was going to wear my contacts, but Jason likes my naughty secretary look better lol.





All in all, it was an awesome weekend. <3

1 comment:

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

YOU CAME THIS WEEKEND AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN CALL ME... *FAIL*
I have to go now so I can get a tissue to wipe away the tears.... I live RIGHT BY THE AIRPORT!!!!!!
XoXo

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by