Monday, January 11, 2010

Make up Organization

So after watching tons of Youtube vids on Makeup organization and storage, I decided to do some re-organizing of my own. I purchased a large three-drawer plastic thingie from Walmart and a set of small storage baskets from Walmart also. I moved things around and tried different basket combos and everything and well I hate it. I think I'll keep it though until I can head to Ikea to pick up the Fira for $15.



Before pics:



My skincare was in the Tiffany bag and all of my make up was in one of the two sets of drawers. It was my organized chaos.


New and not improved:


The set up


My face stuff-foundations, concealers


Blushes, bronzers and highlighters


Single shadows, ELF Quads, Liners, Mascaras and NYX Jumbo Pencils


Shadow samples, Palettes and Cream Shadows


Lipglosses and Balms


Lashes and Adhesives



So this lesson taught me that bigger isn't always better and sometimes being over organized doesn't really help. I really want to get the FIRA as I think most of my stuff will actually be able to fit in one.

I'm going to try to start doing videos every now and then. I know I have a super small collection, but let me know if anyone would like a collection video. If not, I'm working on a video for the ultimate in jewelry organization. This organization system is a winner!

3 comments:

Iyah said...

I just got your sweet gift today and I can't thank you enough for being so sweet to me!!! :) I love it! Thank you!!!!!! I'll post about it soon. Love you lots!

GirlAboutTown said...

wow you have alot of makeup ;D

Tammy said...

I use a ton of storage containers from the dollar store to organize my stash..lol

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by