Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Face Mask Collection and Review

Face masks are an important part of any skin care regimen. They are also a great way to feel pampered and relaxed. Sheet masks have been gaining a lot of popularity lately and are a great and neat way to try out a variety of masks. I have sheet masks and normal masks for a variety of skin concerns. It's a good idea to switch masks up every now and then to address different skin problems. I know some people use a different mask every time they put on one, I like to use one type per week. I typically use a mask 2-3 times a week, but read directions on your specific mask and see how your skin reacts to them. These are just masks that I enjoy and find to work. Please be reminded I have super dry skin that is also acne prone and super sensitive. The trifecta of skin suckiness! LoL

Overall collection ( i have several of each sheet mask, but I didn't think you needed to see them all lol)



mark: calm yourself hydrating mask



Available here for $8

Description:
This soothing gel-based mask adds moisture where you need it. Blended with calming green tea and aloe, moisturizing sea moss. Plus, lemon and orange for radiance and clarity. A super hydrating complex keeps skin happy and healthy looking so you can remain calm.

Directions:
Apply all over cleansed skin, avoiding eye area. Leave on for up to 5 minutes and rinse. Use 2-3 times a week.

Review:
I have dry skin, so I had high hopes for this mask for its moisturizing abilities. Unfortunately, it doesn't measure up and doesn't leave my skin any more moist then prior to usage. However, it does really make my skin radiant. In the summer I pop this in the fridge and apply it to my freshly washed skin cold. It leaves my skin radiant and temporarily tightens my pores due to the cold. I use this when my skin looks on the blah side.



Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque



Available anywhere: Drugstores, Walmart, Target..I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $4.19

Description: Mint Julep Masque is the original natural home treatment developed by a dermatologist that helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores. Simply apply Mint Julep Maqsue to your clean face and neck. Within minutes it firms and hardens, drawing out impurities from your pores. After the masque is removed your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth. Even for individuals who are fortunately free of skin problems,Mint Julep Masque is a refreshing facial treatment that helps relax tired muscles and ease tension lines on the face and neck.

Directions: Cleanse face and neck thoroughly. Apply Mint Julep Masque generously and allow to dry for about 15 minutes. Remove with warm water and a washcloth.

Review: This is the HG skin treatment and it's friggin amazing! I use this for two weeks in a row around that time of the month when my skin is having major flare ups. This is what I use when I'm getting break outs or I notice that my skin just doesn't look as healthy as it should. For this price everyone should have this mask in their arsenal.



The Face Shop Pearl Essential Masksheet



Available: at The Face Shop, I get mine at Walgreens or Walgreens.com- $2.99 or 2 for $5

Description: The concentrations of pearl in this gentle mask sheet are effectively absorbed to clarify and refine skin.

Directions; Wash face and apply toner and carefully lift mask over face. Keep on for 15-20 minutes.

Review: This I use in the same way I use the Mark mask. This however, is the only mask where I see instant results. As soon as I take this off my skin just looks brighter. It really is quite amazing. This sheet mask doesn't fit me super well, so I kind of have to mess with it to keep it on my face and I usually wear it for about a half hour. For only $3- give this a whirl!

The Face Shop CO-Q10 Esential Masksheet




Same availability as all Face Shop masks

Description: The concentrations of Coenzyme Q10 in this gentle mask sheet are effectively absorbed into skin to leave it supple and smooth.

Same directions as above

Review: This mask I use as part of my anti-aging arsenal. Co-Q10 aids in cell turnover and this is super important in keeping skin young and firm. It's never too early to start an anti-aging skin routine.

Dermal Seaweed Collagen Essence Mask


Available: Sasa.com and Ebay for $1-$2 each

Description: Dermal Seaweed Collagen Essence Mask is a new essence mask which specially formulates cosmetics to penetrate highly concentrated active ingredients into the skin while keeping air out of the skin completely thus, it makes your tired skin moistened, elastic, clear and relieves your skin from stress. Use 3-4 times a week.

Directions are the same as above.

Review: This mask is tricky. This mask is not to be used on blemished or irritated skin, so I can't use this a lot. I only use it when my skin is in like OMG shape. This mask does deliver on the moisturizing though and I'm hoping this one has a vitamin E in it which I hope will lighten my acne scars.

The Face Shop Vita K Mask Sheet



Available at The Face Shop or Walgreens

Description: Formulated with Vitamin K and extracts of brown seaweed and kelp, this vitamin drenches sheet mask soothes and helps purify the skin. Vitamin K purifies the skin and helps reduce dark circles under the eyes. Patented Phytolex Nanoliposome effectively delivers beneficial ingredients deep into the skin and helps protect tired, rough skin from environmental damages.

Same directions as above

Review: I use this mask when I've spent a lot of time in the subway or city or my skin just feels dirty. I also use this a lot in the summer after spending time out side at the beach or by the pool. This really feels like it pulls impurities out of my skin and this is another mask where I can see instant results. My skin looks brighter and the pores around my nose look smaller.


I hope these reviews were helpful for you!

Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me or given to me by my sheet mask pimp.

6 comments:

glitteryeyesxx said...

I've seen other ppl list Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque as their HG product, too!

I've always passed by this whenever I made a quick trip to my local drug store. But I have this mentality where cheaper is not better? I think I need to break out of that rut! I will definitely grab one of these next time I'm at CVS, lol. Thanks for letting me know it's your fave! :)

Cheap N Fab (Fabulous) said...

I have to stick with the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, I tried it once have been hooked on it for years now...it's the best out there (for me) and completely affordable!

Online Classifieds Advertising said...

great..... good posting

Tammy said...

My skin HATES the Queen Helene mask!! I get really itchy & red & irritated. =(

The pearl & seaweed masks are 2 of my favorite masks. Have you tried the aloe masks from the face shop..? They sell it at Walgreens, it's another one of my favs.

Vanessa M. said...

yay! i love this post!

mayaari said...

"sheet mask pimp" - haha, that's great :)

I used to love the mint julep mask, but for some reason it irritated my skin the last time I used it (a couple of years ago) so I just stopped. if you can get your hands on some my beauty diary masks, i think you'll really like them!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by