Thursday, February 4, 2010

Review: Avon Magix Face Perfector

After hearing all the hype about primers about a year ago I had to give a few a try. I got a sample of the Make up Forever colored primer and just didn't like the way it wore on my face through out the day. I tried Rimmel Fix and Perfect and really didn't see a difference. Avon's Magix Face Perfector with SPF 20 is the last primer I tried and a year and two bottles later, I am really loving it.




Description from Avon.com:
A magical air-light gel-powder colorless formula that makes all skin tones look flawless... invisible coverage; instant perfection. Banish shine up to 10 hours. Apply evenly before sun exposure or as needed. 1 fl. oz.

"This colorless formula is perfect for anyone who want to look naturally flawless and beautiful without looking like you're wearing any makeup. It's universally flattering and a secret weapon in your makeup bag."
-- Jillian Dempsey, Avon's Global Creative Color Director

Targets pores: visibly minimizes pores with patent-pending Optix Light-Diffusing Technology.

Banishes Shine: holds back shine for up to 10 hours

Smoothes Skin: reduces the look of fine lines...skin feels softer than ever.


This is the dispenser. I prefer a pump, but if squeezed lightly this actually dispenses the correct amount.


Available through Avon for $10

Review: I love this stuff! The texture of this stuff is just amazing! It's really hard to describe unless you feel it. It's like a gel with a powdery finish. It smoothes on quite gently and feels like it gives the skin a powdery finish with out looking powdery or chalky. I can't say that it super minimizes my pores, but it does make a slight difference on the pores on my cheeks. It really helps my make up smooth on evenly and helps give my foundation a "done" look. It does help with the lasting power of my foundation, but not my concealer, which I find strange.




This is a great primer for those with normal to dry skin, because I don't have oily skin so I can't say how effective it is for those gals. It's a great primer for a great price that never reacted with my super sensitive skin.

Would I purchase again: Yes, but I also want to try that magic Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel lol

2 comments:

Cheap N Fab (Fabulous) said...

I always wanted to try this, nice review!

Niki Cheapskate said...

i have this and i love it! my skin is oily and it works very well for me.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by