Friday, February 19, 2010

Review: Laura Geller Bring on the Bronze Set

My friend Katie gave me a Sephora gift card for my birthday and I purchased the Laura Geller "Bring on the Bronze Set" for $31.50. Geller is frequently featured on QVC and I grew quite interested in trying out some of her baked products and I thought this set was a great way to try out some of her products.

The set contains:

Spackle Tinted Primer in Bronze
Baked Shadow Duo in Candied Bronze
Lipshine SPF 15 in Sundrenched
Split Baked Body Frosting All Over Body Glow in Honey Glow and Sugar Glow
Wristlet





Review:

Spackle Tinted Primer in Bronze
I really wasn't wowed by this product. This product had a much more slippery texture then my Avon primer. I feel that this product wouldn't be super beneficial to people with oily skin, because I have super dry skin and it felt super slippery on me. I wore this one day around the house, but didn't take a pic because it looked weird with a bronzed primer and my super pale skin. Can you say foundation line??!!

On the pic, you can't see that much bronze, but when worn all over the face, it does give a nice subtle glow. I think I will revisit this review when my skin gets a bit darker, because I am Casper right now.

Hand with out primer:


Hand with primer:

You can see a slight bronze tint

Baked Shadow Duo in Candied Bronze
This is the winner of the set in my eyes. The texture is so silky and pigmented and just gorgeous. The more coppery shade can be difficult to wear, because of it's red undertones, but used sparingly it creates quite a pretty glow. The lighter color is like a "halo" of color and just so shimmery and pretty. FYI: If you don't like super shimmer, you won't like these shadows.



Lipshine SPF 15 in Sundrenched
I really like the texture and glossiness of this lipstick. It's very light and moisturizing and the SPF 15 is an extra bonus. It goes on like a lipstick, but has a slight gloss shine to it. However, I have a ruddy undertone to my lips, so it didn't look so hot on my lips. I am going to try concealing my lips first and then wearing it over that, because I really like the color.



Baked Body Frosting
This was the part of the set I was really excited about it and honestly, it was a bit disappointing. This product can be used dry for a subtle shimmer/color or wet for a deeper color. Again, this may be a product that I will have to test when I have some color to my skin, because this is obviously not made for super pale chicas like myself. It's a lot more shimmer than I thought. The sugar glow, which is the lighter of the two, gives a golden shimmer and golden undertone to the skin. Used dry, it's super subtle, but used wet and it could be used to highlight the collar bones, cleavage area or any part of the body you want to highlight. It is very pretty, but I think the shimmer is even more apparent on my pale skin.
The honey glow is the bronzing color. This color is really gorgeous, but I don't think it should be used to "tan" pale skin, but used on skin that all ready has a bit of color to it, so it can deepen the color and add shimmer.

Dry swatches:


Wet swatches:

1 comment:

paperdollrevenge said...

Aww it sounds like overall you didn't really like the set too much. Are you planning on keeping or exchanging for something else at Sephora? Btw, what is QVC? =P

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by