Saturday, February 6, 2010

Valentine's Day Gift Ideas- on the Cheap

Ahh...the holiday of love, red, pink and hearts. I've been in a relationship for 5 years and I'm still not a huge fan of the holiday. Maybe it's all the pink? I don't know. One reason I love the holiday though is Reese's hearts! I swear to you that Reese's in shapes taste better than regular standard Reese's. Test it!

Here are some fab and budget friendly gift ideas for your significant other. The actual V-day weekend I'm spending with my gf's because Jason is in ATL. My romantic Valentine's Day won't be until the end of February and will be spent at Serendipity in NYC.

For the love in your life:

52 Reasons Why

I really wanted to do a tut on this myself since this is what I'm making Jason for V-day, but I haven't made it yet since I don't have to and I've been lazy. I got this idea from Craftster.org. If you haven't visited this site yet, you have to! The projects are friggin amazing!!

Images and Tuts from Craftster.org


How friggin cute is this? This is a deck of playing cards, hence the 52 reasons!

Click here for the tutorial.

A magazine subscription

I get a magazine subscription for Jason every year and he loves it. Whether it be Men's Fitness, Maxim or Playboy..boys love mags as much as we do.



Frame the cover of a sports mag

My bf is a HUGE Steelers fan, so last year when they won the Superbowl, I bought the Sports Illustrated that had their pic on the cover, bought a cheap frame and matte and voila! Instant gift.

Click here to search for Sports Illustarted covers.

♦ A skin for his phone, laptop, Ipod

This is just another way to rep his teams or make his bland lap top or cellie a little more "manly". Check out skinit.com for an amazing selection of skins.



Shaving set

The Art of Shaving set available at Sephora is a great gift for the metro man in your life. The set includes a pre-shaving oil, shaving cream, after shave balm and mini cream brush. The Art of Shaving has a store in Grand Central and I've looked at a lot of their products and they are quite impressive. The products are really expensive so this is a great way to try them out. These products can be used with a standard razor or wet/dry electic razor.




The old stand by- lingerie

Who are we kidding? Everyone likes lingerie..it makes the recipient hot and the wearer feel hot. H&M has my favorite affordable lingerie section. Also, check out F21, Marhsalls and TJ Maxx.




A card or hand-written letter

In the time of texts, sexting and emails..a card or hand-written letter just oozes old school romance. Include a quote from a favorite movie or song for bonus points!




Happy Valentine's Day luvies!!!

3 comments:

Sarah O. said...

My guy is already a reader of Maxim. For valentines day I like to get crafty with a homemade card and some heart shaped baked goods.

Bea said...

Playing cards is such a nice idea plus inexpensive! Thank you for sharing. :)

Dreamer said...

You should mention a "date night" package. Like spagetti, sauce, bread for making dinner together. Then popcorn and a movie, a bottle of wine, maybe a blanket to cuddle during the movie. That's what I'm doing for Zach. It's actually kind of for both of us, but cute and easy and affordable! :-) miss you!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by