Thursday, March 11, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things


::Image from Google Images::

As some of you may know, I recently got my masters in education to be an elementary school teacher. I've been subbing frequently lately and that in combined with my student teaching experience has given me a lot of time around kids. Not only do I love my job, but the kids entertain me and really say the cutest and funniest things. I thought I'd post some of them to get myself in a good mood and hopefully you as well :)

* When I was planning on moving to Atlanta, one of my students overhead me saying this to another teacher. He then asked:
"Ms. L, since you're moving to Atlanta, does that make you an immigrant?"

*Election day at my school with the gym set up with the voting machines and two third grade girls looking down on the gym:
Girl 1: "I wonder what's going on down there."
Girl 2: "I saw a sign that said voting. I wonder what they are voting for."
GIrl 3: "I think it's American Idol."

*My second graders have to write sentences using their new vocabulary each week for homework. This was submitted in February for the word "believe"
"February is Black History Month. I believe White History Month is in March."

*After teaching cause and effect my second graders were given a homework assignment with effects and asked to write causes:
Worksheet- Effect: The leaves on the trees are brown
Cause submitted by a student: "Because the dog pooped on it."

*I had a student who had trouble paying attention. I went over to him and sternly pointed at his exam to get to work on it. Afterwards he came up to me and said:
"But Ms. L, I thought we were friends."

*After having trouble with other students on the bus one day, a student went up to my colleague and said:
Girl: Mrs. B, someone said the S-word on the bus.
Teacher: What do you mean? What did he say?
Girl whispering: He said shut up.

5 comments:

Vanessa M. said...

lmao!! awe omg that is so cute and hilarious

Lulu said...

aww that's so cute! it must be such a fun, rewarding job to be an elementary teacher. Kids are the cutest! :D

Tammy said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

I remember driving in the car with my niece one day on one the first days of summer & she starts to get all excited & wiggling in her seat.

Me: Why are you so happy?
Kiki: Because summer is here and everyone starts to look like chocolate & I want to bite them.

I had no response for that...where the hell do they come up with this stuff..lol

Bia said...

Awwww I love it!

K / BihadaDiaries said...

Awww, that is so cute! I wish people never lost this creativity that kids have!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by