Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Top 10 Summer Products

This tag has been going around Youtube a lot and I've decided to give it a whirl.

1: The Body Shop Body and Leg Shine in Shade 01



I saw this in one of Dulce Candy's videos and had to run out and get it. It's a body bronzer and shimmer in a deodorant stick form! Shade 01 is good for pale people like me. My next post will be a review on this product. It's currently on sale at The Body Shop or Thebodyshop.com for $8.00.

2: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Sunset Strip



My Tammy love sent me this last year and it is just amazing. This is my summer go to product. It's a very shimmery bronzer so I either use this when I'm already tan (which is like never) or over a matte bronzer to really give me a glow. I also use this as shadows. It gives such a pretty bronzy look. I think Juicystar07 has a tutorial using this for the eyes.
Available at drugstores, Wal-Mart, Target for around $10.

3. Almay Pure Blends Tinted Moisturizer in Light Buff



I bought this in January at CVS during their annual beauty sale. I believe it is discontinued, but try any tinted moisturizer. During the summer, I sweat, I know it's not lady like, but it's something I just can't help. I can't have heavy foundation sweating off me, so I use a tinted moisturizer with an spf.

4. Speaking of sweating...Secret Clinical Strength Antipersperant



I don't know about where you live, but in NYC it not only gets hot, it gets sticky! This deodorant is really impressive. I can't say it stops sweating all together, but it reallllly helps and it keeps me fresh all day.
Available at drugstores, Wal-Mart, Target for around $11

5. Nivea Body Sunkissed Firming Moisturizer



The texture of this lotion is a little more watery than your average, but I really like it. I can't say I notice a difference in toning, but this gives my pale skin a slight natural glow within 2 days of beginning it.
Available at drugstores, Wal-Mart, Target for around $6-$8

6. Jergen's Natural Glow Healthy Complexion with SPF



This is my daily moisturizer during the warmer months. It's a moisturizer, gradual tanner and spf in one. This is in light and is only for the fairest of the fairs. It's even a bit too light of a tan for me, so I will probably switch to the one for medium skin tones come June.
Available at drugstores, Wal-mart, Target for around $6

7. Straw hats!!



Even at 25 my mom still calls me a hat baby, because I've always loved hats. I've only recently gotten into straw hats, but they are really great if you're going to the beach or going to be spending a lot of time outside. Try wearing one with a low side bun..too cute!
Hat on the left: F21 Hat on the right: Rampage

8. Anklets


I'm sorry, this is like the worst pic of an ankle bracelet ever!

I love anklets. To me they just scream summer! This is my fave anklet. It's a Nantucket Basket anklet and it's from my Grandma.

9. Halter bikini tops with a bottom band!!



I think triangle bikini tops are just soo cute. However, I could never wear one. The girls are a bit too big and a bit too south if you know what I mean. So I always wear a halter top with a band underneath. That little tiny band just gives me so much more support than a standard halter top or triangle bikini top does.
Top: VS Pink..currently on sale for $6.99!

10. Finally, FLIP FLOPS


Eww..look at my toe prints lol

I know there are gladiators and wedges and all kinds of cute sandals out there, but to me flip flops are my official shoes of summer. I have them in almost every color and they are just perfect to throw on and run out. Just make sure your toes are cute!

I tag..all my blogger ladies!!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Love this post!!!! I saw Dulce's video on the bronzing stick & I've been dying to try it since!! I swear my legs just don't tan!! LOL

I live in flip flops come summer..

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by