Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Review: The Body Shop Body & Leg Shine

I posted that one of my summer faves is The Body Shop Body & Leg shine. Available at The Body Shop or online. It's currently on sale for $8 from $18.50. I personally don't feel it's worth the $18.50, but I had no problem paying $8 for it. Currently, The Body Shop's website is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Web site description:

Best if you want to: Show off your legs and body by enhancing your summer tan or transforming untanned skin with an instant bronzer that glides over skin for a smooth finish with minimal blending. Easily washes off.

Best for: all skin types and tones, with a shade for fair to medium skin tones and another for medium to dark skin tones

What it is designed to do:
Community Trade aloe vera is renowned for its excellent natural soothing and calming products, making it a common ingredient in after-sun products
No mess, no fuss twist-up pack with lid is convenient and portable.
Simply washes off at the end of the day.


The product is available in two shades. Shade 01 I feel is only for the super, super pale people..like me! It's still even a little light for my taste, but I feel like once I have a tan it will deepen it and add a glow.

Product photo:



Before pic:
Pasty, untoned leg



After pics:
Still untoned, but not quite as pasty lol





My camera and lighting aren't the most conducive to showing the difference. However, hopefully you can note the slight bronzed color and shimmer. Again, I really feel this product will be most beneficial to people who already have a subtle tan and this can help deepen it.

I really like this product though for it's ease of use. I apply it to my legs and barely have to rub it in. In fact if you're in a rush, you don't have to rub it in if applied evenly. It has a greasy like consistency and a very, very subtle scent.

I am going away to Florida next week and will post pics of this product over an actual tan.

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by