Friday, June 4, 2010

Review: Shiny Pearl Water Drop BB Cream

You don't always get what you pay for. Well, this time I did. I wanted to try a BB cream for the longest time, but I didn't want to get an expensive one in case I didn't like it. So I bought a cheap-o one off ebay. It was like $5 with shipping. Well, it sucks lol. But I won't let this stop me from trying a highly rated, more expensive BB cream.

Product photos:





Now these photos kind of suck...I'm still playing around with my camera and trying to find the right flash settings. There's a massive thunder storm outside so I can't take photos outside.



The color is fairly light. It's good for super pale people or those with reddish undertones in their skin.

Here's the part I hated..glitter!!



There's literally like chunks of glitter in it. I know BB cream is supposed to give a dewy finish, but I don't think this can be accomplished by putting chunks of glitter in it. When I rub this on my face there are random specks of glitter everywhere.

Coverage:
(crapppppy photo!)



The coverage is somewhat decent as you can tell on my veins. However, it gives me a pasty like appearance. It doesn't spread too easily either. This product is going right in the garbage!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

That sucks!!!! Good luck finding something that works for you...I really like the Missha BB cream, but I bought it on sale. Next time they have a sale I'll let you know.

Juli said...

omg D= i've been wanting to buy this BB cream from ebay too... it has glitter?!?!? what the D= :/ i like just plain matte... thanks for doing a review, saves me money!

if you didn't see my e-mail.. i sent your package out today!

jellytelly_ri-chan said...

:O I know this BB cream but yet to give it a try been using Etude house BB cream which I like it alot. =) but skin79 BB cream has good review too. maybe I shall try it one day.

BB Cream Queen said...

Yup this BB cream is known for being extra glittery. Avoid it if that's not why you are looking for. It's more of a big night out kind of bb cream, not really for daily use :)

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by