Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hair help! Hellppp meee!

Ok, this is quite embarassing, but I have a feeling a lot of younger women are experiencing this. If there's anyone who can help me, I know it's my blogger babes.

Hi! My name is Melissa, I am 25 years old and I have grey hair. Yup, lovely grey hair. Not only is my hair turning grey (about 30 strands) but I GROW new grey hairs. So I put on a headband or twist my bangs back and there's this tiny little inch to two inch long friggin pieces of terror sticking out of my scalp. (Can you tell I am emotional about this? LoL)

I have had this for about a year now and have just continued to do what I did prior to the grey hair- use a demi-permenant dye in my natural hair color (brownish-red). I love doing this and the color, but I don't know if this is the best method due to the fact that those little buggers continue to grow.

Here's where I need your help. What do I do?

A: Continue to use the demi-permanent dye and pluck those little suckers like I do now (don't even spout that old don't pluck them they will grow back rule- it's a myth lol)
B: Get light highlights in hopes that the contrast between my hair and highlight will help disguise the grey
C: Permanently dye my hair a lighter color all over


I believe I am leaning towards highlights, but at the same time I am quite nervous about the up-keep costs. Employment isn't necessarily a give in for a teacher in my area and I still have no job prospects for September.

I would love to get your advice or anything you may be doing to handle the same problem.

Here's a pic of my scalp area..you can only see one or two greys, but they are there I promise!



HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah O. said...

I've been permanently dying my hair month to month since I was 16 for this very reason. I think options A, B, or C are good options, however it all comes down to your personal preference. What fits with your personal style, lifestyle, and how much does the gray really bother you.

Dreams Are Real said...

OMG Mel!! It's OKAY! It's part of life and grey can sometimes look really pretty! I don't think you should pluck though..don't go through the pain! I really like you with dark hair, as opposed to highlights. It's up to you though!! You're beautiful no matter what!

Ethereal Prey said...

girl I feel you, after grad school I had a lot of grey hairs, and at first i did the semi permanent but I had damn resistant ones! I got highlights and it blended well, but yeah upkeep was crazy. So then I went to be a guinea pig for a student at the arrojo hair salon, damn girl dyed my hair and made me look good, but my greys were still resistant, but they took in some color and blended in. Stop plucking your hair girl! stop that!

I used at home hair color recently, damn my greys are resistant! But on black hair greys are more noticeable so I just dyed it a lighter brown, it blends in better. just remember to condition and do a hair mask!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by