Sunday, July 11, 2010

New and improved make up storage

So finally, I have made some progress on getting my make up area to a cute and organized area. In January I did a post on my first attempt at organizing and cleaning up my make up area here. It didn't work out so well.

Now that stores are being flooded with back to school dorm type stuff I am finding it easier to find functional and cute organizational items. My friend told me that they have some items that match my trays at Marshalls, so stay tuned for an even further organized post and a more in depth peek into my collection.

Here is the new set up (for now!):


A general view
Palettes on the side
Lipstick tray on top of those
Two stacked trays holding my face and eye products
Plastic three drawers holding skin care products and lip glosses



Close up of tray holding face products: Foundations, concealers, bronzers, blushes, powders


Bottom tray holds eye products- shadows, liners, mascaras, primers, bases


I got the idea of hunting down these trays for this purpose from Pam. She has a bunch of them in black and white to organize her make up. I bought mine from Marshalls, but I've also seen them at TJ Maxx and Home Goods (these three stores are related).

Stay tuned for an even more detailed organization post and overview of my growing collection!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Hi! I'm a new reader via Taylor's blog.

Those containers you used for your makeup are great! I use similar ones made specifically for jewelry and I love it! It does make it easier to get ready in the morning when your make or accessories are organized!

Natalie
http://twoprepsinapod.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

Ohh...the new set up is pretty!!
RYC - No plans for the weekend of the 23. =) Want to meet up?

Young, Fabulous, and Pregnant said...

LOVE how organized you are. I need a new way to organize all my junk.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by