Wednesday, August 4, 2010

July Faves!



Here are my July faves..a couple of days late again!

The Body Shop Cucumber Water (toner)

I have super sensitive skin and honestly washing it once a day is probably all that it could handle, but in these summer months I feel like I may be sweating in my sleep and don't want that sitting on my skin all day. So I use a cotton pad and a couple of drops of this on my face in the morning. It smells so fresh and summery, literally like cucumbers and feels very gentle.

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme

I have really dry cuticles and skin around my nail beds. This stuff is really great. It reminds me of the Burt's Bees chapsticks, kind of waxy. I don't really like the smell of this stuff, I'm not a citrus gal, but it keeps my nail beds moisturized.

Sephora Dual Pencil Sharpener

This little baby was only a couple of bucks. It works with standard pencil sizes and jumbo sizes like the NYX Jumbo Pencil. It also catches the shavings, which makes it perfect for on the go usage! It really works well with the NYX Jumbo Shadow Pencils.

Mark Just Pinched Instant Tint Blush in Cheeky

I love this little cream blush. It's a cute pinky color and I use this as a base and put a shadow blush on top of it. In the summer it really helps me to use a cream blush and layer a powder blush on top of it. This works really well with NYX Peachy.

The Body Shop Coconut Oil Hair Shine

Sense a Body Shop trend? lol. I LOOOVE this stuff. It's a solid kind of oil (if that makes sense) and I use the tiniest bit to keep my little baby hairs down and any fly-aways. I don't know if it necessarily adds shine, I'm too nervous to use it that much since it is an oil, but it really helps with taming my hair.

Little Metal Clippie Thingies

You love my name for this right? I honestly don't know what these are called, but I love them! My bangs are getting super long and I'm waiting to figure out what I want to do to my hair next before I go get a cut. I use these to kind of train my bangs back a bit to keep them out of my face. I put them in my bangs when they are damp and just randomly move them around so they don't leave a dent!

Have a happy August!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I used to adore the Body Shop Coconut Oil, but then one day I noticed it was making me break out. =(

Mara said...

I really want to try The Body Shop's toner. I've been searching for a toner for my skin and have had no luck. Thanks for the tip. :)

EveryDay Makeup (becky) said...

Nice favs. I also like Mar's Just Pinched blushes. They're so pretty :)

and yes you must get the NYC e/s duo in Island Sunset. It's pretty good!

Pop Champagne said...

I like the body shop coconut oil shine! It smells amazing too. and yea I agree, MAC should have done some research on rodarte, unless they want this as a publicity stunt which is just awful!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by