Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Skin Care Routine

It has taken me a long time to find a skin care routine that works for me. I think I have found one, at least for the summer while my skin is not super dry.

Note: I have dry, SUPER sensitive skin. I sometimes break out in my chin area and have acne scarring.

AM Routine:

Ladies and gentlemen this is as easy it gets!



I use The Body Shop's Cucumber Water ( a VERY gentle toner) on a cotton pad to wipe my face. After my face dries I apply Jergen's Daily Glow Facial Moisturizer in light. Honestly, this doesn't deposit any color on my skin anymore, but it's moisturizing enough for the summer and has a SPF in it.

PM Routine:

This is where the products really come into play!



Step 1: Remove all make up with Neutrogena Make up Removing wipes. If you belong to a wholesale club, stock up on these there. I got 120 of them for $15 from my local BJ's!

Step 2: I use a bar soap from Basin. Basin is a Lush like store. The only location I know of is in Downtown Disney at Disney World. For the store locator click here. Anywho, the bar I use is the Oatmeal bar for sensitive skin. I use it with either my fingers or my Body Shop facial flannel.

Step 3: I alternate my step 3. I either apply Mark's Break Out Plan anti-acne lotion to my chin area to prevent break outs or apply Trader Joe's Vitamin E Oil to my entire face to help fade acne scars. I alternate day to day with these. I will probably apply the oil every day when it starts to get colder out, but for now it's too greasy.

Step 4: Apply my night time moisturizer, Mark's See Things Clearly Brightening Moisturizer. Now, I do believe this moisturizer is meant for day time since it has light reflecting particles, but it doesn't have an SPF, so I use it at night.

Step 5: Only on the weekends or days where I don't put my make up on right away I apply Mederma to my acne scars.

I am currently in between eye creams right now and trying out a bunch of samples I have. I will be on the prowl for a new one soon!

Where's my exfoliator you ask? I use my Grandma's fave way to exfoliate- a damp, warm washcloth run over my face in small circular motions. For my sensitive skin, this works like a charm!

2 comments:

Vanessa M. said...

good stuff maam

Tammy said...

Simple is the best! I've noticed when I get too complicated with my routine that's when I start to break out.

I'm currently using Yes to Tomatoes - it's an all natural brand that you can buy at Target..so far it's pretty awesome. =)

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by