Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gel Nails

I love getting my nails done and tis the season for dark polish colors. However, I ALWAYS chip my nails on like day two. I didn't want tips or acrylics because they had been so damaging to my nails when I used to get them for special events. I had been reading a lot about OPI Gel Nails and decided to give it a try. My fave nail salon is right down the street and I saw the ad that they started doing the OPI Colored Gel. I walked in there and asked for it and the owner, whom I see quite frequently, advised against it and told me to go with Gelish Colored Gel which is the same price. She stated a lot of the clients who got the OPI process said it really damaged their nails and Gelish seemed to be more gentle.

This picture was taken on day 8 and so far, so good. My salon just numbers the colors, so I don't know what the name of this color is. It's a deep blue with a subtle red shimmer.

I read about and found the products here. I plan on seeing how long they can last and will let you know the results and also how they soak off!

3 comments:

Dreams Are Real said...

nice, so could people without nails do this too?

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

Great colour. I get gel nails but the old non coloured non O.P.I kind..lol.
If you have a chance, please check out my 'Dare to Wear' challenge for AIDS Charity. For everyone who recreates a look posted on my blog, my parents and I will donate money to The Stephen Lewis Foundation.
You can check it out here:

http://www.funnyfacebeauty.com/2010/11/dare-to-wear-challenge-3-for-aids_03.html

Thanks
Alicia

Women Leather Blazers said...

nice and interesting one. I like it.
Keep it up.


Leather Jackets Online,
Men Leather Jackets

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by