Monday, November 22, 2010

Lordie..it's been a while!

Hello my lovelies,

Wow- it has been like three weeks since my last blog post! I wish I could say I was super busy with something fabulous, but I wasn't. I started teaching after school, studying hard core for my next exam and have been having some massive relationship difficulties. That in combination with laziness equals a neglected blog. :( So I have a couple of blog posts up my sleeves for the next couple of weeks.

Last month I watched a video by MissGlamorazzi on Birchbox. Birchbox is a monthly beauty sample program. For $10 a month you receive 4-5 luxe beauty samples. The brands range from Benefit, to Cargo, to Kiehls and TONS of other brands. I signed up immediately, becaysewho doesn't love getting presents!

The first box I received was November's box.



The adorable box. I really love the simplicity of their packaging.



Each month you receive a card with a mini description of the products and their prices. I think this is a great reference to include in case you really love a product.



Cargo Bronzer in Medium (my fave item of the bunch!)
Too Faced Prim & Poreless Face Primer
Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Opal (this is a very browny, neutral color, not at all like shown in the photo)
Perricone MD Cold Plasma Face Cream
Face Shop Collagen Sheet Mask

Below are swatches of the bronzer and gloss. The bronzer looks quite dark on my hand, but when applied with a light hand and a fluffy powder brush it actually works really well to brighten up my face. The gloss is also dreamy, it's a bit sticky but it smells like chocolate- so all is forgiven!



All in all, I think Birchbox is a really fantastic site and service. You can also earn Birchbox points by doing reviews on the items in your monthly box. When you accumulate 100 points you get $10 towards the purchase of the items and brands carried by Birchbox. A pretty brills idea if you ask me and a great gift idea!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I'm signing up for this right NOW.

I hope things get better soon. *hugs*

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by