Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fave Products of 2010 (Pic heavy!)

I can't believe 2010 has come and gone! 2010 was sort of a crazy year of me. I got my master's degree, my first real job in teaching, met new friends, reunited with old friends and became single for the first time in a loong time. I've also spent a lot of time discovering new products and becoming more comfortable doing my own hair and makeup. I bought a lot of new products this year and these are my absolute faves. The products that I find myself reaching for either every day or several times a week.

Skin Care


The Body Shop Cucumber Freshening Water

I use this in the morning to wipe my face before I put on my moisturizer. I feel like I'm smooshing my face into my pillow all night so this helps me freshen up. The scent is also really yummy.


Philosophy's Hope in a Jar Moisturizer

I received this with my Clarisonic and I really love this for a nighttime moisturizer. It's a bit greasy, but it's super thick and moisturizing. I recommend this to anyone who gets really dry in the winter.


Mark's Break Out Plan Anti-Acne Gel

I use this every night on my chin and around my mouth because that's where I tend to break out. This in conjunction with the rest of my new skin care plan has significantly cut down on my break outs. It is a bit drying though, so make sure to seriously moisturize afterwards.


Philosophy's Purity Made Simple

This is the cleanser I use with my Clarisonic. It's incredibly gentle and works as an eye make up remover as well. There's no super benefits to it, but it does the job.

Makeup


Stila Palettes in Road to Radiance Across the USA, Make an Impression in Moscow, Trendsetting in Tokyo

These palettes are really fab. Four coordinating shadows and a cream blush. They are all I need for a complete look!


Avon Magix Face Primer

This is my every day face primer. It really helps smooths my pores. It doesn't really help with my staying power of my makeup, but it is really fab for drier skinned gals.


NYC Waterproof Eyeliner in Black

I always had a problem with my black liner smudging and inexplicably ending up below my lashes. This baby stays put! I use it on my top lash line and to line my inner rims.



Wet n Wild COlor Icon Liner in Taupe

This is my absolute perfect brow color! It's a very soft pencil so it's perfect for filling in brows for a naturally defined look.



Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation in Buff put on with my Sigma 187


This is the key to my perfect every day face. This foundation is very dewy so it's perfect for every day and the brush just gives it a seamless coverage.


Mac MSF in Redhead

I really love to use this for a quick face. It's a blush and highlighter in one for me. It makes me feel glowy.

Hair and Nails



Gel Nails

I have become OBSESSED with gel nails! This is day 18 of this application. The Gelish Gel Nails are really fantastic, although limited in color selection. If you like dark nails that seem to chip after a day, this is a great solution!


The Body Shop Coconut Oil Hair Shine

This form of solid coconut oil is perfect for adding shine to my hair and perfect for taming slight frizzies and those annoying little hairs by my hairline. This is really great for girls with thicker hair.

5 comments:

Pam @ Frippery said...

Hurray, new toys to check out. Thanks for the heads up!

T said...

The Body Shop Coconut Oil is one of my faves too. I discovered it a really long time ago, and I have been buying it ever since.

Jeweled Thumb said...

ooh, I may need to try the TBS coconut hair shine stuff. I always have a problem with smoothing serums and such because it always sits on the top layer (in fact, I have that problem with a lot of products). Will test it out the next time I'm in TBS for sure. =)

Lilladylife said...

awesome list of favorites

aki! said...

Question about The Coconut Oil Hair Shine... Does it make your hair too oily?

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by