Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Scarf Collection

I LOVE scarves. I think they are such a fun way to add a pop of color and finish off a look whether it's cold outside or we're running around in spring showers.

I have a decent scarf collection, but always wore the same ones because I had no way how to store them. I found this FAB video by YayaLifestyle on Youtube on how to use a hanger and shower curtain rings to organize scarves! Brills!




I used plastic hangers because it's what i had, but I would definitely use a sturdy wood video like she uses in the video.


Winter Scarves



The first four scarves (white, tan paisley, white and leopard) are all faux pashminas. I bought them at a street vendor for $4 each. These are scarves that I would wear and keep on all day to complete an outfit.

The next three scarves (Burberry print, colorful leopard print and white and tan) are all super warm and chunky scarves that I would wear on a super cold day. The "Burberry" one and the blue and purple one are super big and they are great to wrap up high around your neck and to cover your chin and mouth on those super cold days.

From L to R:
Four pashmina's- $4 each NYC Corner
"Burberry"- $10 NYC Corner
Blue and Purple- Fraas Cashmink (courtesy of Lipton Publicity) Retails between $30-$40 visit fraas.om
White and tan check- Nine West-gift

My fave winter scarf is the Cashmink. I don't own any cashmere scarves, and this is a very super close dupe for a cashmere. It also works really well with my black down jacket. The print reminds me of a Lisa Frank folder from back in the day lol




Summer/Spring Scarves



Lightweight scarves are an awesome way to complete a springy look and great to wear with a lightweight jacket. I like very colorful scarves for these seasons and to pair them with a crisp white tee or a great lightweight peacoat.

From L to R:
3 scarves on 1st ring:
Black madras (barely visible) TJ Maxx-$9 (purchased last summer)
Shades of blue (barely visible) American Eagle-$10-$15 (purchased AGES ago)
Tie-dyed print- TJ Maxx-$9 (purchased last summer)

2 Infinity Scarves on next ring:
Grey and White Stripe- Max Axria/Miley Cyrus from Walmart $5-$10 (purchased last summer)
Blue Stripe-Nordstrom Rack-Christmas prezzie
Dark twisted scarf- Kohls-Christmas prezzie
Cream knitted scarf- handmade

My fave summer scarf is this gorgeous tie dyed number. I really love to wear it with white and just let the colors pop and feel summery!



FTC Disclosure: The Fraas Cashmink scarf was sent to me by Lipton Publicity. I was not paid for my opinion and I am not affiliated with Lipton or Fraas. All other scarves were either purchased on my own or given as gifts.

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by