Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Gal's Summer Necessity

Ahh the many joys of being a female. We get to deal with so many glorious things, don't we? One of the most annoying things to me, is the maintenance of the bikini line. A guy doesn't have to deal with any of this stuff. Only us gals. I've gotten a bikini wax several times, and after my super sensitive skin wasn't red anymore, I was pleased with the results. What I'm not pleased with though, is how long you have to wait between waxing. When you're wearing a bathing suit weekly, you can't wait for your hair to grow a certain length in order for it to be waxed, so we turn to shaving. Shaving is a bitch, but unfortunately for me is a necessary evil.

Some tips for shaving the bikini area:

-Use a new razor. I don't mean use a new razor every time, but don't use the same blade for more than a week. I use one razor for my bikini area and a different razor for my legs and underarm area.
-Use a razor with a lot of blades. I actually prefer men's razors. I'm a big fan of the Hydro Schick. I think it has 4 or 5 blades, and there's always sales and coupons.
-Use an ample amount of moisturizing shave cream or lotion. While I love my EOS Shave Cream, I don't like it for the bikini area. I prefer using the Skintimate Moisturizing Shave Gel.
-Don't shave as soon as you get in the shower. Let the heat and water soften the hair for a couple of minutes.
-I like using a clean loofah to gently exfoliate the area first and to raise the hairs to make it easier to shave.
-The last step is something I want to discuss today..something I only recently started using and can't believe I waited so long!

BIKINI ZONE!!!!!




This little tube of cream helps cut down on razor burn and bumps and can also be used in conjunction with waxing or depilatory. This is supposed to be applied immediately after hair removal (so right when you get out of the shower) and to be used sparingly on the areas where it's needed. This can be used up to four times daily if the redness and bumps continue, but one time should do the trick.

This can be purchased at your local drugstore and retails between $6-$8. Bonus, each box comes with a $1.00 off coupon for your next Bikini Zone purchase.

Does anyone else use Bikini Zone products or anything like them?

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by