Saturday, July 9, 2011

Review: Laura Gellar Blush n Brighten in Honey Dipped

Last month I received a full size Laura Gellar product in my Birchbox. I was really excited to receive a full sized product (priced $29.50) in my $10 monthly Birchbox. I watch Laura Gellar a lot on QVC and have tried some of her products that I was never really blown away with. Unfortunately, this is another product that I'm not wowed by.



The packaging is standard Laura Gellar. Black plastic with a window on the front. This shade is called Honey Dipped.



The color looks so pretty in the packaging. I love the light and dark bronzes and golds running through it. I was hoping this would be similar to the Milani Baked Bronzers that I have been hearing a lot about that.



The swatch leaves a lot to be desired. It is a light gold and mainly to be used as a highlight. I feel like it's too glittery to use all over. However, I feel like I'm still too pale to be using a gold highlight.




When rubbed onto the skin, it barely shows up. Maybe I'm too pale? You can still see the shimmery, sheen, but there really is no color deposit.

Overall, I'm glad I got this in a $10 Birchbox instead of paying $30 for this product. So far I've only tried a few Laura Gellar products and haven't been amazed by any of them. Are their any Laura Gellar products worth trying??

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by