Saturday, August 20, 2011

Apothica Haulage



I was given a $50 gift card to Apothica.com and I was like a kid in a candy store! Apothica reminds me of a Sephora, Ulta and Skin Care store all wrapped into one. I like to get the most bang for my buck, so I'm really excited about how much I was able to get with just $50.




L: The Cargo Mediterranean Collection $34
R: 100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream $18


Eye Cream:

Let's start with the eye cream. $18 for a whopping 1 fl. oz. That's a pretty great price for eye cream. I've never heard of this brand before, but I have been trying to incorporate more organic products into my skin care routine, and this product received great reviews.

About the product from Apothica.com:
Anti-inflammatory, caffeine rich Green Tea and coffee reduce puffiness and reduce swelling while increasing circulation to alleviate and brighten dark circles. Concentrated with potent anti-aging vitamins and antioxidants.


I have slight dark circles and every now and then some puffiness, but most importantly, I'm 26 years old so it's definitely time for me to use an eye cream daily. I don't want to give a few review on this product until I use more of it, but expect one in a month or so.


Cargo:

Cargo is a brand that i have always been interested in trying. I find the best way to try out various products from a brand is to try out one of these value kits.




From top to bottom:
Swimmables Eye Pencil in Teal
Lip Gloss in Morocco
Better than waterproof Mascara
Blush in Mendocino
Eye Shadow Duo in ED-14


As soon as I received this product I fell in love with the pouch! I instantly switched it into my purse to use as my cosmetics bag. After fawning over the bag, I instantly fell in love with some of the products as well.

Eyeliner: I love, love, love the color of this liner. I've only used it once, but it really makes the blue in my eyes pop out and this baby doesn't smudge. It also doesn't smudge when I try to take it off lol. You need some heavy duty makeup remover to get this baby off.

Lipgloss: I adore, adore, adore this color. It's a really beautiful berry with gold sparkles. It really strikes me as an awesome summer color because it pops against a tan, but a great fall color to wear with warmer toned shadows. This is definitely my favorite product of the bunch.

Mascara: I haven't given this mascara a try yet. I find that I have super sensitive eyes, so I only use one mascara at a time so I don't waste product.

Blush: OMG- this is such a gorgeous color. This is the lipgloss equivalent of a blush. For pale skinned beauties, I would use a very light hand because this baby packs a punch.

Eyeshadow Duo: My ONE complaint. I can not get this damn thing open for the life of me. I've asked every man I know and a butter knife, and I can't get it open. I will contact Apothica.com about this, they have fab customer service.

Swatches:





All in all, I am really happy with my purchases and Apothica.com. If you are interested in trying out Cargo products, I would really recommend trying out this Mediterranean kit! The blush and mascara are full size and the other products will last me a while. It's a great buy for only $34.




FTC Disclosure: I was given a $50 gift card by Apothica.com to pick out products. I was not paid to do this post and I am not affiliated with Apothica.com. My opinions are my own and can not be bought.


No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by