Monday, November 14, 2011

Beauty Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar

My hair is just plain weird. The texture, the color, the style, the sprouty grays...WEIRD! The weirdest thing about my hair though is this small chunk of it at the crown of my head. No matter what I use or how I wash my hair, from using the best clarifying shampoo, rinsing it for 20 minutes or getting a deep cleaning at a salon, this little piece of my hair always feels...gummy. It's really the strangest thing. I got quite sick of it, so I started doing some research and I read that using apple cider vinegar is a great way to clarify hair. After one time I was hooked!




Hair Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar

♥ I personally use 1 part apple cider vinegar and three parts water to rinse through my hair prior to shampooing and conditioning. I really, really love the outcome. Not only does my hair shine, but that little chunk that drives me loco in the back of my head is barely noticable.

♥ You can also use 1 part apple cider vinegar, 1 part green tea and three parts water in a spray bottle and apply this mixture all over your hair, concentrating on the roots and scalp, about 30 minutes prior to showering. This is great not only for clarifying, but for dandruff or dry scalp issues. It's winter time, and I know even the healthiest scalp can get a little dry at times, so this is a great idea.

♥ Some people use apple cider vinegar as a final rinse in their hair after shampooing and conditioning for maximum shine. I've tried this method and the shine is AMAZING, but I smelled a faint aroma of apple cider vinegar all day, and it's not a good smell!

♥ I've also read that using apple cider vinegar can stimulate hair growth and I totally hope it does, because as you know by me, I hate my hair!

Skin Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar

♥ Applying apple cider vinegar is said to be a great acne treatment. However, it's not recommended for dry or sensitive skin so I am unable to see if this effective. If you have oily acne prone skin, I would do some research on this treatment and see if it's ok for you.

♥ Drinking apple cider vinegar to prevent acne. I have started drinking apple cider vinegar every other day diluted with water. This is said to help prevent acne. I haven't noticed a huge difference yet, but (knock on wood), I'm not currently breaking out.

♥ Apply a capful in a foot tub filled with warm water to help with tired feet and to prevent fungus. All of our feet get tired and if we aren't careful in the gym or dorm shower, it's possible to pick up a foot fungus and this is a great way to prevent that.

Weight Loss/ Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar

♥ Some studies have shown that drinking a small amount of apple cider vinegar or even white vinegar can help people feel full quicker. These statements haven't been proven by the FDA, so who knows if they are true or not. With any weight loss or diet program, please check with your doctor first!

Resources: petitemarieorganics.com, google images and webmd.com

1 comment:

two birds said...

before i knew it wasn't mean for sensitive skin, i tried it for a while as a toner. it didn't work for me, and now i have a ton left! maybe i will try it on my hair!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by