Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Shopping: How to Stay Organized

Holiday shopping is in full swing and it can very easily get out of control. I can't tell you how many times I've written shopping lists on random pieces of paper just to lose them and have to rewrite them! Here are a few tips and tricks to keep you organized during this busy shopping season.




♥ If you have an iPhone, download the Christmas Shopping iList app. I don't know if this is available for Droid, but I'm sure there is an equivalent. This little app keeps my shopping list with me at all time. It also keeps track of how much I've spent on presents so far. For someone who frequently loses shopping lists, this is a great way to stay organized!


♥ If you prefer paper lists, there are some great organized shopping lists available to print and download online! Click to download my fave here. This list doesn't have a column for a budget or how much you spent, but you can always add that on your own.

♥ Use Pinterest to keep track of ideas or even your own wish list! Isn't Pinterest like the best website ever? If you don't know what it is, it's basically a bulletin board on your computer. You can add a "Pin It" link to your favorites bar and you can pin anything from any site and keep it organized on your own virtual bulletin board. It's invite only, so if you'd like an invite to this awesome site, comment and let me know!

♥ Buy a cheap folder and save all of your receipts! Even if you get a gift receipt (which you always should) hold on to the original receipts until at least January in case anything breaks or someone changes their mind if they like it.


Well, these are just a few tips to your holiday shopping organized. I'd love to know your tips to staying organized during this busy shopping season! Please comment below.

3 comments:

jellytelly_ri-chan said...

that's a neat tip to be organized. especially with the receipts. :D

Iyah said...

The app is awesome!! I haven't done xmas shopping yet..

polishlovestory said...

Thanks for the tips! I always have the problem of buying for myself instead of buying for others >_<! But my goal is to buy all my gifts before Christmas :)

Also I have to say, that I have read much of your blog and enjoyed doing so. You make me want to start my own blog haha. Anyway, I also found out that we have the same birthday :) So happy early birthday! I hope you are excited :)
Have a good day!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by