Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Resolutions

It's that time of year again, the time to make completely unrealistic goals for the upcoming year. I wonder where this tradition started because it depresses me every year! However, I still make them and try with all of my might to keep them until the first snowstorm hits and I hate weather and everyone and just resort back to my bad habits lol. Let's see how long I can keep these!

Beauty Resolutions

♥ Keep my nails looking good- Sometimes I get so lazy with my nails that I let them grow however or walk around with chipped polish for days. I really want to learn to do a good home manicure and keep my nails looking neat and maintained.

♥ Spending less on makeup and more on skin care- I always love to hunt down make up products, but I rarely go on the hunt for perfect skin care products. I have most of my skin care routine down, but I still want a product to lighten acne scars, so I want to concentrate more on skin care and less on makeup.

♥ Shop my stash- I own a decent amount of makeup, especially lip products, yet I wear the same stuff all of the time! I want to start experimenting with the products I already own!

♥ Master liquid liner/gel liner- I'm so bad at any liner other than pencil. I need to start practicing constantly!




Fashion Resolutions

♥ Wear more skirts- I live in dresses over the summer, but never wear skirts or dresses in the winter or spring with cute tights. I want to get on that! I love all of the patterned tights out there, so I want to start incorporating them into my wardrobe.




♥ Wear more heels- I'm 5'1" on a good day, and yet I wear flats pretty much every day. I reserve heels for special occasions. I'm on my feet a lot during the day at work which I think keeps me from wearing heels, but I have a few low heels that I can definitely rock at work and there's no reasons I can't wear a heeled pair of boots every now and then on the weekend.

♥ Not shy away from patterns! I'd say about 95% of my wardrobe is made up of solids. There are so many cute and age appropriate patterns out there, I need to get my hands on some!

Personal Resolutions

♥ Keep myself organized! This includes my schedule, my life, my closet and my makeup. I get myself so disorganized at home sometimes that I just rip everything out of my closet and get rid of half of it on a whim! I really just need to downsize. I have so much junk that it's hard to keep organized.

♥ Like a lot of bloggers, I've recently become obsessed with Pinterest. I am setting a realistic goal of attempting 2 DIY projects and 2 new recipes a month. The DIY projects on Pinterest or so awesome and some of them seem so damn easy!




♥ I know a lot of people say exercise and eat right, and that's something I definitely have to work on, but a more specific goal I want to work on is finding an easy and healthy breakfast. I like to eat breakfast at work to unwind before the kids come in, and I usually grab something incredibly unhealthy. Any suggestions would be awesome!

2 comments:

life/style/flash. said...

So many of our resolutions are the same!

I've recently joined Pinterest and I'm already addicted - I haven't spotted any DIYs on there yet so I'll have to have a look.

life/style/flash.

mayaari said...

I've been using black e/s to make a line that I can trace with liquid liner to get more comfortable with applying it - it helps!

great resolutions btw - we share a few of the same goals! easy breakfast to take with you could be something like instant oatmeal and some fruit, even the low sugar kind is pretty good with a handful of blueberries or a banana :) I love the little cups of fage with the fruit on the side, they're more filling than you think!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by