Monday, May 7, 2012

Heatless Curls-Success finally!

Back in February I read Mara's post about foam rollers.  I've wanted some foam rollers since and finally ordered some on Amazon last week.  She uses a lot of 1 1/2 rollers which I haven't tried yet, but after the success of using the one inch ones, I am MOST DEFINITELY going to attempt to hunt down 1 1/2 inch foam rollers.

I purchased Vidal Sassoon Large Foam Rollers from Amazon for a little under $4.  I bought two packages because I wasn't sure how many my hair would take.

I set my hair with two on top and then about 3-4 on each side.  Make sure to keep them rolled away from your face.

Rollers in


I put these in after washing my hair when my hair was about 90% dry.  I prepped my damp hair with volumizing mousse at the roots and curling mousse from my ears down.  These were actually comfy to sleep in.  I sleep on my back or my belly and both positions were very comfortable with these in.  I'm just glad I sleep alone, because I definitely look like a Grandma with these in!

Oodles and oodles of curls!!


I should have taken a picture after my hair fell a bit, because it looks a bit crazy here! The curls are gorgeous and voluminous and very natural looking.  I got compliments on this all day and my co-worker even asked me to do her hair! After trying this and seeing it's success I definitely want to order the jumbo foam rollers to see if I can get results similar to Mara's.  

So now that I'm content with my heat-free curl method I want to find the perfect heat free beachy waves technique.  Any recommendations? 

2 comments:

Mara said...

OMG....I'm so glad you were able to try this out. The results were AMAZING! You did great! Thank you so much for keeping me posted. I truly enjoyed reading this post. Can't wait to see how the 1 1/2 inch rollers work on you. :)

Tammy Wilson said...

I love these curls!! I would love to give these a try, but I can't sleep with anything in my hair.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by